The song was recorded during the Double Fantasy sessions. Ten takes were recorded, the best of which was selected for Milk And Honey.
The single peaked at number five on the Billboard Hot 100 in the United States, and at number six on the United Kingdom’s singles chart.
Also on this day...
- 1969: Get Back/Let It Be sessions: day six
- 1968: Recording: Wonderwall Music by George Harrison
- 1967: Recording, mixing: Penny Lane
- 1965: Live: Another Beatles Christmas Show
- 1964: Live: The Beatles’ Christmas Show
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.