The first task of the day was for the previous session's reduction mix to be copied to a new tape reel. Overdubs were then added to the three empty tracks.
Piano, banjo and percussion were recorded on track two. The piano was played by producer George Martin, and John Lennon played the banjo.
Vocals went onto tracks three and four, including the "love, love, love" parts and Lennon's vocals in the choruses.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Paul McCartney live at Firefly Music Festival, Dover, Delaware
- 2012: Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr pay tribute to Victor Spinetti
- 2009: Beatles’ first management contract up for grabs
- 1967: Paul McCartney admits taking LSD
- 1964: Live: Sydney Stadium, Sydney
- 1964: UK EP release: Long Tall Sally
- 1963: Radio: Easy Beat
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
- 1945: John Lennon’s half-sister Victoria is born
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.