On this day The Beatles gave their 106th lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club. It was also the 30th occasion on which they performed both lunchtime and evening shows at the venue.
The group’s lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 179th known appearance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool’s city centre, including evening shows.
Also on this day...
- 2018: Paul McCartney announces new single I Don’t Know/Come On To Me
- 2015: Paul McCartney live at Firefly Music Festival, Dover, Delaware
- 2012: Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr pay tribute to Victor Spinetti
- 2009: Beatles’ first management contract up for grabs
- 1967: Paul McCartney admits taking LSD
- 1967: Recording: All You Need Is Love
- 1964: Live: Sydney Stadium, Sydney
- 1964: UK EP release: Long Tall Sally
- 1963: Radio: Easy Beat
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
- 1945: John Lennon’s half-sister Victoria is born
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.