The Beatles spent much of this day rehearsing at the Saville Theatre in London. The theatre was run by Brian Epstein’s NEMS Enterprises.
The rehearsal was in preparation for The Beatles’ forthcoming tour of North America, which began at Shea Stadium in New York on 15 August 1965.
At the theatre The Beatles also gave two interviews to BBC radio reporters. The first was with Dibbs Mather and was distributed by the British Information Service in various countries. The second was with Lance Percival for his show Lance A Gogo, and was broadcast on the Light Programme service from midday on the following day.
Also on this day...
- 1969: Recording, mixing: You Never Give Me Your Money, Come Together, Polythene Pam, She Came In Through The Bathroom Window, Golden Slumbers, Carry That Weight, Sun King, Mean Mr Mustard, Her Majesty, The End
- 1968: Recording, mixing: Hey Jude
- 1964: Travel: Stockholm to London
- 1963: Recording: Money, Till There Was You, Roll Over Beethoven, It Won’t Be Long, All My Loving
- 1963: Radio: Non Stop Pop, Saturday Club
- 1963: Recording: Please Mister Postman, It Won’t Be Long
- 1962: Live: St John’s Hall, Bootle
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Blair Hall, Liverpool
- 1960: Live: Grosvenor Ballroom, Wallasey
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.