The scene in Help! in which The Beatles were put into slow motion by Professor Foot’s relativity cadenza was filmed on this day.
Although the sequence was set in Buckingham Palace, filming took place at Twickenham Film Studios, England. It was completed the following day.
Also on this day...
- 1968: John Lennon and George Harrison leave Rishikesh
- 1967: Paul McCartney returns to England from America
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1962: George Harrison and Brian Epstein fly to Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.