A week after filming chase sequences for the opening scenes of A Hard Day's Night, The Beatles returned to Marylebone Station in London to complete the scenes.
This time there were no fans present, and the station was closed to the public on Sundays. The Beatles were filmed in a number of locations in the station, including running down the length of a platform to catch a moving train.
Also on this day...
- 1968: John Lennon and George Harrison leave Rishikesh
- 1967: Paul McCartney returns to England from America
- 1965: Filming: Help!
- 1963: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1962: George Harrison and Brian Epstein fly to Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.