George Harrison and Brian Epstein arrived in Hamburg on this day for The Beatles’ first residency at the Star-Club.
The rest of The Beatles had flown to Hamburg on the previous day. Epstein stayed in Germany for the first few nights of the group’s seven-week stint at the club, which began on 13 April 1962.
Last updated: 25 March 2011
Also on this day...
- 1968: John Lennon and George Harrison leave Rishikesh
- 1967: Paul McCartney returns to England from America
- 1965: Filming: Help!
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.
Just to add that Stuart’s mother flew to Hamburg on that same flight and Brian sat beside her all the way.