At the paper’s office Starr also saw the weekly singles charts being compiled, with The Beatles’ ‘I Feel Fine’ at the number one position.
Last updated: 21 April 2010
Also on this day...
- 2011: Paul McCartney live: Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy, Paris, France
- 2009: Nowhere Boy screening at Studio Two, Abbey Road Studios
- 1973: UK album release: Band On The Run by Paul McCartney and Wings
- 1970: UK album release: All Things Must Pass by George Harrison
- 1965: Mixing: 12-Bar Original
- 1965: Radio: Pop Profile
- 1964: Brian Epstein appears on the BBC’s Desert Island Discs
- 1963: Live: Empire Theatre, Sunderland
- 1962: Live: Town Hall, Newton-le-Willows
- 1962: Mixing: Please Please Me, Ask Me Why
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Paul McCartney and Pete Best are deported from Germany
- 1958: Live: TV Star Search, Hippodrome, Manchester
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.