On The Beatles' second night of performances in Melbourne, Australia, they gave two concerts at the city's Festival Hall.
Their repertoire during this part of the world tour consisted of 10 songs: I Saw Her Standing There, I Want To Hold Your Hand, You Can't Do That, All My Loving, She Loves You, Till There Was You, Roll Over Beethoven, Can't Buy Me Love, This Boy and Long Tall Sally.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Beatles mono vinyl box set due in September
- 2009: John Lennon’s former girlfriend May Pang visits his childhood home
- 1968: Television: David Frost Presents…
- 1966: The Beatles’ only live Top Of The Pops appearance
- 1966: Recording: Here, There And Everywhere
- 1965: Radio: The World Of Books
- 1965: Recording: post-sync work for Help!
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Romford
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
- 1960: Live: The Institute, Neston, Wirral
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.