This was The Beatles’ third consecutive Thursday night show at the Neston Institute, a venue run by promoter Les Dodd.
The group played at the Institute six times in all, ending on 7 July 1960.
Last updated: 2 June 2020
Also on this day...
- 2022: Paul McCartney live: MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey
- 2017: Sir Paul McCartney is made a Companion of Honour for services to music
- 2014: Beatles mono vinyl box set due in September
- 2009: John Lennon’s former girlfriend May Pang visits his childhood home
- 1998: US album release: Vertical Man by Ringo Starr
- 1983: Album release: Old Wave by Ringo Starr
- 1978: US album release: Bad Boy by Ringo Starr
- 1968: Television: David Frost Presents…
- 1966: The Beatles’ only live Top Of The Pops appearance
- 1966: Recording: Here, There And Everywhere
- 1965: Radio: John Lennon on The World Of Books
- 1965: Recording: post-sync work for Help!
- 1964: Live: Festival Hall, Melbourne
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Romford
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.