The album was mostly recorded in Canada and the Bahamas in November 1977, and was produced by Vini Poncia, with whom Starr had collaborated on Ringo The 4th.
In the US a lead single, ‘Lipstick Traces (On a Cigarette)’ was released by the Portrait label on 18 April 1978, with ‘Old Time Relovin” on the b-side.
The album followed on 16 June, but peaked at 129 on the US Billboard 200.
A second US single, ‘Heart On My Sleeve’, followed on 6 July, backed with ‘Who Needs A Heart’. As with its predecessor, it did not chart.
Also on this day...
- 2017: Sir Paul McCartney is made a Companion of Honour for services to music
- 2014: Beatles mono vinyl box set due in September
- 2009: John Lennon’s former girlfriend May Pang visits his childhood home
- 1998: US album release: Vertical Man by Ringo Starr
- 1983: Album release: Old Wave by Ringo Starr
- 1968: Television: David Frost Presents…
- 1966: The Beatles’ only live Top Of The Pops appearance
- 1966: Recording: Here, There And Everywhere
- 1965: Radio: John Lennon on The World Of Books
- 1965: Recording: post-sync work for Help!
- 1964: Live: Festival Hall, Melbourne
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Romford
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
- 1960: Live: The Institute, Neston, Wirral
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.