The takes were numbered 5-13, and featured Paul McCartney on Epiphone Casino guitar, Ringo Starr on drums, and George Harrison on Rickenbacker electric 12-string guitar. McCartney also recorded a guide vocal which was later wiped.
Onto the tape's second track McCartney added a bass guitar, and John Lennon, McCartney and Harrison added two harmony vocal performances to tracks three and four - the latter of which also featured finger clicks.
An outtake from this session, take seven, was included on the Real Love single in 1996, and show how the basic track sounded with the guide vocals and unadorned by the various overdubs that followed.
With all four tracks of the tape full, a reduction mix was made of take 13; the mix was numbered 14. Onto this McCartney overdubbed his lead vocals, with the tape running slower so his voice was faster and higher upon playback.
Here, There And Everywhere was completed on the following day.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Beatles mono vinyl box set due in September
- 2009: John Lennon’s former girlfriend May Pang visits his childhood home
- 1968: Television: David Frost Presents…
- 1966: The Beatles’ only live Top Of The Pops appearance
- 1965: Radio: The World Of Books
- 1965: Recording: post-sync work for Help!
- 1964: Live: Festival Hall, Melbourne
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Romford
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
- 1960: Live: The Institute, Neston, Wirral
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.