The session began at 7pm and finished at 2am the following morning. The Beatles recorded four takes of the basic track, after which vocal harmonies were overdubbed by McCartney, John Lennon and George Harrison.
These recordings remain unreleased, however, and two days later The Beatles began a remake of ‘Here, There And Everywhere’.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Ringo Starr live: Oakdale Theatre, Wallingford, Connecticut
- 2013: Paul McCartney live: Bonnaroo Festival
- 2011: John Lennon autographed Double Fantasy sells for £23,000
- 1969: Television: John Lennon and Yoko Ono on The David Frost Show
- 1967: Recording: All You Need Is Love
- 1965: Recording: I’ve Just Seen A Face, I’m Down, Yesterday
- 1965: US album release: Beatles VI
- 1964: Ringo rejoins The Beatles in Australia
- 1964: Ringo Starr gives a press conference in Sydney, Australia
- 1963: Live: Mersey Beat Showcase, Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, Wallasey
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.