Studio Three (control room), EMI Studios, Abbey Road
Producer: George Martin
In an hour-long session, without The Beatles being present, George Martin created a mono mix of John Lennon’s song ‘I Call Your Name’.
The mix was never used in the UK, but was released in the US on the Capitol Records release The Beatles’ Second Album, and in Canada on the Long Tall Sally LP.
Last updated: 7 July 2022
Also on this day...
- 2021: John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band to get super deluxe reissue
- 2018: John Lennon’s Monkey Bike is auctioned for £56,000
- 2009: Casting begins for Backbeat: The Musical
- 2009: Liverpool Hope University launches Beatles masters degree
- 1999: Recording: What It Is, Party by Paul McCartney
- 1996: UK single release: Real Love
- 1969: George Harrison is interviewed for the BBC’s Scene And Heard
- 1966: John Lennon: “We’re more popular than Jesus”
- 1966: UK EP release: Yesterday
- 1965: Filming: Help!, the Bahamas
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: Plaza Ballroom, St Helens
- 1962: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.