This was the last day of filming on Victoria Beach, Rose Island in the Bahamas, for Help!, The Beatles' second feature film.
Also on this day...
- 2018: John Lennon’s Monkey Bike is auctioned for £56,000
- 2009: Casting begins for Backbeat: The Musical
- 2009: Liverpool Hope University launches Beatles masters degree
- 1969: George Harrison is interviewed for the BBC’s Scene And Heard
- 1966: John Lennon: “We’re more popular than Jesus”
- 1966: UK EP release: Yesterday
- 1964: Mixing: I Call Your Name
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: Plaza Ballroom, St Helens
- 1962: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.