This was The Beatles’ only appearance at Leeds’ Queen’s Hall, although they did perform at the city’s Odeon Cinema on three other occasions.
The concert was seen by 3,200 people. Also on the bill was Acker Bilk and his Paramount Jazz Band. The Queen’s Hall was demolished in 1989.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Ringo Starr live: Chicago Theatre, Chicago, Illinois
- 1974: UK single release: Band On The Run by Paul McCartney and Wings
- 1968: Recording: Good Night
- 1967: George Harrison is fined for speeding
- 1966: Travel: Alaska to Tokyo
- 1965: Live: Teatro Adriano, Rome, Italy
- 1964: Travel: New Zealand to Australia
- 1962: Live: Majestic Ballroom, Birkenhead
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.