Having given their final performance in New Zealand the night before, The Beatles flew from Christchurch to Auckland, New Zealand.
From there they caught a connecting TEAL flight to Sydney, arriving at 9.35pm. Around 4,000 fans at the airport saw The Beatles walk to their chartered Ansett ANA Fokker Friendship aeroplane, which left shortly afterwards.
The group arrived in Brisbane, the final destination on their 1964 world tour, just after midnight on 29 June.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at Chicago Theatre, Chicago, Illinois
- 1968: Recording: Good Night
- 1967: George Harrison is fined for speeding
- 1966: Travel: Alaska to Tokyo
- 1965: Live: Teatro Adriano, Rome, Italy
- 1963: Live: Queen’s Hall, Leeds
- 1962: Live: Majestic Ballroom, Birkenhead
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.