Studio Two, EMI Studios, Abbey Road
Producer: George Martin
Engineer: Ken Scott
The session began at 7pm and finished at 4.30am the following morning. It began with a number of rehearsals which were committed to tape.
The Beatles recorded five proper takes of Good Night during this session, featuring just Starr’s vocals and Lennon’s acoustic guitar. Lead and backing vocals were added onto the last of these on 2 July 1968.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at Chicago Theatre, Chicago, Illinois
- 1967: George Harrison is fined for speeding
- 1966: Travel: Alaska to Tokyo
- 1965: Live: Teatro Adriano, Rome, Italy
- 1964: Travel: New Zealand to Australia
- 1963: Live: Queen’s Hall, Leeds
- 1962: Live: Majestic Ballroom, Birkenhead
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.