This was the second of three Monday night performances at Queen's Hall in Widnes, Lancashire. It was also The Beatles' second visit to the town.
The Monday shows were promoted by Brian Epstein's company NEMS Enterprises. The Beatles headlined each one, but the support acts varied. On this occasion Rory Storm and the Hurricanes were also on the bill.
Also on this day...
- 2014: New Paul McCartney song Hope For The Future unveiled
- 2010: Yoko Ono opens art installation in Berlin
- 1973: John Lennon and Yoko Ono put Tittenhurst Park up for sale
- 1969: Self-Portrait and Mr & Mrs Lennon’s Honeymoon by John Lennon and Yoko Ono are premièred in London
- 1968: Recording: Helter Skelter
- 1964: Day off in Key West, Florida
- 1963: Lennon and McCartney given Variety Club award
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
- 1939: Cynthia Lennon is born
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.