This was The Beatles' 25th of 48 consecutive nights performing at the Indra Club in Hamburg, Germany.
They were contracted to perform for four and a half hours each weekday night, from 8-9.30pm, 10-11pm, 11.30pm-12.30am and 1-2am.
They also had to play for six hours on Saturdays, from 7-8.30pm, 9-10pm, 10.30-11.30pm, 12-1am, and 1.30-3am. Sunday hours were 5-6pm, 6.30-7.30pm, 8-9pm, 9.30-10.30pm, 11-12 midnight and 12.30-1.30am.
Also on this day...
- 2014: New Paul McCartney song Hope For The Future unveiled
- 2010: Yoko Ono opens art installation in Berlin
- 1973: John Lennon and Yoko Ono put Tittenhurst Park up for sale
- 1969: Self-Portrait and Mr & Mrs Lennon’s Honeymoon by John Lennon and Yoko Ono are premièred in London
- 1968: Recording: Helter Skelter
- 1964: Day off in Key West, Florida
- 1963: Lennon and McCartney given Variety Club award
- 1962: Live: Queen’s Hall, Widnes
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
- 1939: Cynthia Lennon is born
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.