On this day The Beatles gave their 129th lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club.
The group’s lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 226th known appearance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool’s city centre, including the evening events.
Although the precise number of The Beatles’ Cavern performances is not known, they played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Last updated: 25 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2018: Ringo Starr live: Starlight Theater, Kansas City, Missouri
- 2010: Yoko Ono visits John Lennon’s school and childhood home
- 1968: Ringo Starr rejoins The Beatles
- 1968: Recording: While My Guitar Gently Weeps
- 1964: Live: State Fair Coliseum, Indianapolis
- 1963: Radio: three episodes of Pop Go The Beatles
- 1962: Live: Queen’s Hall, Widnes
- 1961: Live: Hambleton Hall, Liverpool
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.