On this day The Beatles gave their 129th lunchtime performance at Liverpool's Cavern Club.
The group's lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 226th known appearance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool's city centre, including the evening events.
Also on this day...
- 2010: Yoko Ono visits John Lennon’s school and childhood home
- 1968: Ringo Starr rejoins The Beatles
- 1968: Recording: While My Guitar Gently Weeps
- 1964: Live: State Fair Coliseum, Indianapolis
- 1963: Radio: three episodes of Pop Go The Beatles
- 1962: Live: Queen’s Hall, Widnes
- 1961: Live: Hambleton Hall, Liverpool
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.