The Beatles’ 97th evening show at the Cavern Club took place on this date. They topped a bill which also included Kingsize Taylor and the Dominoes, and the Zenith Six Jazz Band.
Overall this was their 225th appearance at the underground Mathew Street venue, including the lunchtime shows.
The precise number of The Beatles’ Cavern performances is not known, although they played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Last updated: 11 October 2012
Also on this day...
- 2018: Ringo Starr live: Arkansas Music Pavilion, Rogers, Arkansas
- 2014: George Harrison: The Apple Years 1968-75 box set announced
- 2013: Six Beatles albums granted platinum status in the UK
- 1964: Live: Convention Hall, Philadelphia
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.