Following their successful appearance on 25 June, The Beatles returned to the Plaza Ballroom for a second show.
This was the first of four consecutive Monday night performances at the venue, which was run by the Whetstone Entertainment company.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at Fraze Pavilion For The Performing Arts, Kettering, Ohio
- 2009: John Lennon’s Hofner Senator guitar sells for £205,250
- 1969: Recording: Her Majesty, Golden Slumbers, Carry That Weight
- 1968: Recording: Good Night
- 1966: Live: Nippon Budokan Hall, Tokyo
- 1965: Live: Plaza de Toros de Las Ventas, Madrid, Spain
- 1964: Recording: It’s For You by Cilla Black
- 1963: Radio: Pop Go The Beatles
- 1961: Travel: Hamburg to Liverpool
- 1960: Live: Grosvenor Ballroom, Wallasey
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.