This was The Beatles’ 101st lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club. It was also the 26th occasion on which they performed both lunchtime and evening shows at the venue.
The group’s lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 166th known appearance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool’s city centre, including the evening events.
Also on this day...
- 2009: Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr reunite for benefit concert
- 2009: George Harrison to get Hollywood Walk of Fame star
- 1967: Mixing, editing: Within You Without You
- 1967: Paul McCartney flies to San Francisco
- 1964: The Beatles occupy the Billboard Hot 100 top five
- 1963: Live: Roxburgh Hall, Stowe School, Buckingham
- 1963: Radio: Side By Side
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.