The Beatles’ 66th evening show at the Cavern Club took place on this date. It was also the 26th occasion on which they performed both lunchtime and evening shows at the venue.
Overall this was their 167th appearance at the underground Mathew Street venue, including their lunchtime shows.
Also on this day...
- 2009: Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr reunite for benefit concert
- 2009: George Harrison to get Hollywood Walk of Fame star
- 1967: Mixing, editing: Within You Without You
- 1967: Paul McCartney flies to San Francisco
- 1964: The Beatles occupy the Billboard Hot 100 top five
- 1963: Live: Roxburgh Hall, Stowe School, Buckingham
- 1963: Radio: Side By Side
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.