This was the ninth night of The Beatles’ residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
Also on this day...
- 2016: Lego announces Beatles Yellow Submarine set
- 2015: Ringo Starr live at Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium, Edmonton, AB, Canada
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at Moody Theater, Austin, Texas
- 1968: Mixing: Everybody’s Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey, Helter Skelter, Mother Nature’s Son, Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da, Long Long Long
- 1967: Recording, mixing, editing: Blue Jay Way, Shirley’s Wild Accordion
- 1967: Mixing: It’s All Too Much
- 1965: Recording: Run For Your Life, Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)
- 1964: Mixing: She’s A Woman, Eight Days A Week
- 1962: Live: Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, Wallasey
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.