This was the ninth night of The Beatles’ residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
The residency ended after Paul McCartney and Pete Best were arrested on 29 November 1960.
Last updated: 26 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2016: Lego announces Beatles Yellow Submarine set
- 2015: Ringo Starr live: Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium, Edmonton, Canada
- 2014: Ringo Starr live: Moody Theater, Austin, Texas
- 1968: Mixing: Everybody’s Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey, Helter Skelter, Mother Nature’s Son, Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da, Long Long Long
- 1967: Recording, mixing, editing: Blue Jay Way, Shirley’s Wild Accordion
- 1967: Mixing: It’s All Too Much
- 1965: Recording: Run For Your Life, Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)
- 1964: Mixing: She’s A Woman, Eight Days A Week
- 1962: Live: Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, Wallasey
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.