Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatley Moments
18 February 2018
2.27am
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5789
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4941sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was seeing The Post, and a trailer for the Concert For George reissue came on.  I loved every second, but I was annoyed they chose not to include one clip or sound bite from the Indian section that takes up such a significant role in the concert. 

The following people thank sir walter raleigh for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, Beatlebug

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

18 February 2018
12.54pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
4942sp_Permalink sp_Print

^Might turn people off- it goes on for quite a while and if Indian music isn’t your thing, you still have to sit through almost 1/2 an hour of it.

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

Father McKenzie

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

19 February 2018
9.51am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22240

While constructing a call number for a new book just now, I came across this title in the library catalog”

In the crosshairs : famous assassinations and attempts from Julius Caesar to John Lennon / Stephen J. Spignesi ; [edited by Jodi Brandon].

From reading a bit of the chapter on Lennon.

I didn’t know The Dakota’s full name is The Dakota Arms.

Another tidbit: He [JOHN] was a notoriously big tipper and often doormen would fight over who got to deliver a package to John.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, Beatlebug
19 February 2018
2.37pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members

I was watching Doctor Who Confidential (a behind-the-scenes show that was made for the first few years the DW revival was on the telly but sadly was a victim of the BBC cutbacks).

Anyhoo, a skeleton crew was in New York doing some shots for an episode set in Manhattan. Part of their job was going to Central Park and getting some background shots which they would later put the Doctor and his companion in front of. They were trying to get as many shots of buildings from and before the 1930’s so they could include them in the episode. I am 98% sure I saw The Dakota as one of the buildings. 

I don’t remember seeing it in the final episode (although it could well have been there are a lot of helicopter shots in the final episode) if anyone wants to watch the monstrosity (worst Nuwho episode ever in my opinion) that is Daleks in Manhattan/Evolution of the Daleks, then you can see.

Another Doctor Who/Beatles moment (there is a lot of them, so many in fact that I could probably make another 10 posts or so) I recently bought the 10th Doctor’s DW Magazine Panini comic collection featuring Donna and Martha. Now I don’t know the context of the situation as I was only flicking through the pages but I imagine Donna wanted to go back in time to visit a certain group and well……

Image Enlarger

They get a whole page where they talk but I didn’t read it because…

Image Enlarger

Also while looking for the photo of the four in the Cavern Club, I found out that apparently Ten brought Martha to go see The Beatles as well in a Doctor Who Adventures comic (magazine for younger DW fans). 

Image Enlarger

Ten in one of his comics with Rose also asks her if she wants to go visit the Fabs. 

David Tennant is a big Beatles fan so I wonder did he ever nag the writers to have a Beatles’ episode and they finally gave up and said “we’ll give you a Beatles adventure but it’ll be in the comics instead”.

Ahhh Girl, SgtPeppersBulldog

22 February 2018
1.57pm
AppleScruffJunior
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members

One of my favourite YouTubers the great rewboss (an Englishman who lives in Germany and does videos on anything-to-do-with Germany) did a video on how it was apparently illegal to burn condoms in Germany.

When I saw the title of this video I went “this has to have something to do with The Beatles”, and of course it did. Go watch for yourselves:

‘Tune In’ is on my Kindle but I still haven’t got around to it yet, did Lewisohn debunk the whole condom-burning story or did he say it’s legit? 

Beatlebug, TheWalrusWasBrian

23 February 2018
8.55pm
TheWalrusWasBrian
fell off the roof AAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2150
4946sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was at a book store with TheWalrusWasMom (okie, I tried, but sounds just as bad as I thought) and we were talking about how the 75% off section rarely has anything of interest, I walked over to investigate and immediately saw the magic words of “the Beatles”.

” What’d you just say about it not having anything of interest, ” she said while waving a bright coloured book in the air, scaring the nearby cashier.

The following people thank TheWalrusWasBrian for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, SgtPeppersBulldog, 50yearslate

IMG_3978.PNG|badge1.png | I don’t know how to put it here. hello for the love of god hello 

~~~

The Concert for Bageldesh

~~~

Walrian here! Not Fiddy, or anyone else, actually.

25 February 2018
8.52am
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
4947sp_Permalink sp_Print

Anyone who has been around here for at least a couple of years may recall that Zag & I have our favorite restaurant at which we celebrate events special to us. There are many things to like about the place, but one of the coolest is the fact that every time we’ve been there, we’ve heard a Beatles song or at the very least, a solo Beatle’s song. Yesterday being her birthday, we strapped on our proverbial feed bags and headed for Austin’s. A soon as we got out of the car, we were greeted by ‘Eight Days A Week ‘ emanating from the outdoor speakers. Then, halfway through our dining experience, we were treated to ‘All You Need Is Love ‘. It’s gotten to the point that every time this happens, we share a knowing smile and “clink” our glasses together.

Image Enlarger

On a semi-sad note, we also toasted Tom Petty when they played an acoustic version of ‘Free Fallin’. ahdn_george_05

The following people thank Zig for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, Beatlebug, The Hole Got Fixed

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

25 February 2018
11.35am
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182

Listening to George Harrison and it began to rain just as ‘Blow Away’ came on.

Edit: It let up when the song was over. a-hard-days-night-john-6

Harrison-magic a-hard-days-night-george-4

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, TheWalrusWasBrian, Zig, 50yearslate

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

25 February 2018
7.19pm
TheWalrusWasBrian
fell off the roof AAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2150

I’m reading this book, Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell, and two of the characters are talking about how they’re so different but they’re good writing partners (ah, writing partners).

“Yeah, but it’s like John Lennon writing with Taylor Swift instead of Paul McCartney ” 

“Get over your self, you’re not half as pretty as Taylor Swift”

I couldn’t help but saying aloud, “You’re not half as pretty as Paul, either”. ahdn_paul_02

The following people thank TheWalrusWasBrian for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Zig, Beatlebug

IMG_3978.PNG|badge1.png | I don’t know how to put it here. hello for the love of god hello 

~~~

The Concert for Bageldesh

~~~

Walrian here! Not Fiddy, or anyone else, actually.

26 February 2018
5.15am
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
4950sp_Permalink sp_Print

Beatlebug said
Listening to George Harrison and it began to rain just as ‘Blow Away’ came on.

Harrison-magic a-hard-days-night-george-4  

Something similar happened to us yesterday. While out to lunch, it started to rain during the opening of ‘While My Guitar Gently Weeps ‘ on the jukebox. It was especially cool because, as you can see from this pic, the place has an entire wall of windows overlooking the airport that juts in and makes up part of the ceiling. It allows you to see the rain coming down from the clouds. While lunching there last weekend, we watched a snow storm roll in from the distance.

Image Enlarger

Beatlebug, SgtPeppersBulldog

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

26 February 2018
6.09am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online
4951sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zig, if I’m ever in your neck of the woods I’m going to that bar. It’s looks awesome.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Beatlebug, SgtPeppersBulldog, Zig

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

27 February 2018
4.57am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
4952sp_Permalink sp_Print

They’ve turned up in this video, a geography thing that turns out to be in Blackburn… you’ll probably guess where this is going…

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

Ahhh Girl

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

27 February 2018
8.48am
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
4953sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
Zig, if I’m ever in your neck of the woods I’m going to that bar. It’s looks awesome.  

The first round is on me. 

Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, sir walter raleigh

27 February 2018
10.38am
Beatlebug

Moderators
4954sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8

Zig

([{BRACKETS!}])
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png

28 February 2018
3.36pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
4955sp_Permalink sp_Print

My mum’s on the phone spelling something out for the bank and she just said ‘P as in Paul’ and ‘L as in Linda’. a-hard-days-night-john-6

Ahhh Girl, TheWalrusWasBrian, SgtPeppersBulldog, BeatleSnut, Zig

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

2 March 2018
8.51am
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

If she was spelling out her password, @Beatlebug , you may not want to repeat that story too often. ahdn_paul_02

We were watching an episode of Green Acres this morning – the one in which Oliver thought he was going to become a Judge in Hooterville. While he was trying on a Judge’s robe, Lisa also had him try on an a powdered wig. Oliver said, “I can’t wear this. I’ll look like an old Beatle!”.

Image Enlarger

2 March 2018
7.35pm
georgiewood
In my tree
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 792
4957sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Zig, you’ve got to upgrade your viewing habits!  I thought I watched some goofy stuff, but jeesh.

Green Acres is the place for Zig

Farm livin’ is what he calls big 

He doesn’t care for modern TV piffle

He’s more fond of a pig named Arnold Ziffel

Zag goes along but thinks he’s loopy

While watching GA her lids get droopy

”Zig,” she finally says with some asperity

“Whatever happened to TV watching-parity?”

…The chores!
…It bores!
…Fresh air!
…You’re square!

You are my wife.
Good bye, modern life.
Green Acres we are there.

The following people thank georgiewood for this post:

Ahhh Girl

I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did'.
Kurt Vonnegut, Timequake, 1997

3 March 2018
2.18am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
4958sp_Permalink sp_Print

One of my good friends and I went to the music room (just for a change) yesterday, and a bit of time passed before he said ‘ok, name these tunes’. I got the first 7 perfectly, and then…. I had no clue. And the song was Here, There And Everywhere ! I’m not surprised, seeing as I hardly listen to it, but boy I was embarrassed.

And then I went to my English class, and the teacher didn’t turn up. So we spent the period wisely and did some revision, and after a while people started getting restless, and someone connected his phone to the room’s speakers. He played a few modern songs, but then played Savoy Truffle beatlemaniacs_02_gifbeatlemaniacs_02_gifand Norwegian Wood . This was the guy that I mentioned here and he said later on ‘Say the wooooooooord… and you’ll be free’. beatlemaniacs_02_gifHe remembers my favourite song!

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

Ahhh Girl, SgtPeppersBulldog, Beatlebug, Father McKenzie

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

7 March 2018
5.01am
Father McKenzie
Liverpool England
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1544
4959sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just took a shower,and on the back of the bottle of shampoo i am using,it says ‘Procter & Gamble UK,Weybridge,Surrey’. As soon as I saw that,i blurted out “John” a-hard-days-night-john-6

The following people thank Father McKenzie for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, SgtPeppersBulldog, Zig

Still writing the words to the sermon that no one will hear......

8 March 2018
11.33am
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
4960sp_Permalink sp_Print

Father McKenzie said
Just took a shower,and on the back of the bottle of shampoo i am using,it says ‘Procter & Gamble UK,Weybridge,Surrey’. As soon as I saw that,i blurted out “John”   

A fun moment, but no need to work yourself into a lather over it. a-hard-days-night-george-10

Went out last night (didn’t stay late)… Shortly after we sat down, we heard ‘Something ‘. Less than an hour later, we heard ‘She Came In Through The Bathroom Window ‘.  A bit ho-hum on the surface until I mention that both were versions sung by Joe Cocker. I’ve always loved how he sings with so much feeling.

Beatlebug, Father McKenzie, SgtPeppersBulldog, The Hole Got Fixed

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: vonbontee, meanmistermustard
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2860
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5520
Newest Members:
9intheafternoon, NJtoTX, seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22240, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694