Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
One On One tour 2017
11 December 2017
5.59pm
Elementary Penguin
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1008
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
221sp_Permalink sp_Print

I hope Macca comes to your town @Beatlebug. It’s funny to think that I posted earlier this year wishing that Paul would tour Australia and now he has. It is surreal. 

@Ahhh Girl Well I would probably watch some light hearted telly rather than something like the Walking Dead. 

The following people thank Elementary Penguin for this post:

Ahhh Girl, ewe2, Beatlebug

And in the end the lunch you take is equal to the lunch you bake.

12 December 2017
3.52am
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
222sp_Permalink sp_Print

just saw this on Paul’s insta story

IMG_2528.PNGImage Enlarger

looks like you went to the wrong show, @ewe2a-hard-days-night-george-10

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

22 December 2017
9.27pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
223sp_Permalink sp_Print

Very nice article by New Yorker writer Sarah Larson about going to see Paul at Madison Square Garden in September.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

ewe2

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

23 December 2017
9.39am
ewe2
Inside the beat
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3025
224sp_Permalink sp_Print

She really captures what it’s like to see Paul. You kind of get sucked into it, and there are moments when you do suspend disbelief entirely and other moments when you don’t (at one point Paul claims I Wanna Be Your Man was the Stones first no. 1 and my Beatlemaniac friend simply could not help rolling his eyes saying NO IT WASN’T and for some reason I still find this moment hilarious)  but at the end you are completely captivated and then you realize he did actually play forty songs on a bunch of instruments and he’s seventy-five and your brain melts and you still can’t quite put this experience in any perspective and maybe you never will.

The following people thank ewe2 for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Elementary Penguin, WeepingAtlasCedars

I'm like Necko only I'm a bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin and also everyone. Or is everyone me? Now I'm a confused bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin everyone who is definitely not @Joe.  This has been true for 2016 & 2017 Sig-Badge.png but I may have to get more specific in the future.

aus-flag-v-small.png

28 December 2017
7.57pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22240
225sp_Permalink sp_Print

Paul McCartney ‘s One on One Tour Earns $132 Million in 2017 (source)

Some of the article

Final 2017 box-office sales totals for Paul McCartney ’s One on One tour have been reported during the final days of the year, earning the rock legend the top slot on the weekly roundup of Hot Tours (see below). With $67 million in sold ticket revenue from 15 performances added to the concerts that were already reported earlier in the year, the tour’s overall gross in 2017 rises to $132 million. The trek included a total of 37 concerts from April through December with the number of sold tickets totaling 907,610 during the eight-month span.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

sir walter raleigh
29 December 2017
9.45am
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5789
226sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
Paul McCartney ‘s One on One Tour Earns $132 Million in 2017 (source)

Some of the article

Final 2017 box-office sales totals for Paul McCartney ’s One on One tour have been reported during the final days of the year, earning the rock legend the top slot on the weekly roundup of Hot Tours (see below). With $67 million in sold ticket revenue from 15 performances added to the concerts that were already reported earlier in the year, the tour’s overall gross in 2017 rises to $132 million. The trek included a total of 37 concerts from April through December with the number of sold tickets totaling 907,610 during the eight-month span.

What a baller. 

The following people thank sir walter raleigh for this post:

Ahhh Girl

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

30 December 2017
11.07am
annyskod
London
The Jacaranda
Members
Forum Posts: 26
227sp_Permalink sp_Print

I hope Paul will come to Italy, it’s been 4 years since the last time he did a concert here paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif

The following people thank annyskod for this post:

ewe2
17 July 2018
2.47pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22240
228sp_Permalink sp_Print

For our Aussies

Paul McCartney Wins Best International Contemporary Concert At 2018 Helpmann Awards

Paul McCartney received the 2018 Helpmann Award for ‘Best International Contemporary Concert’ for his One On One World Tour that arrived in Australia in December 2017.

The award was accepted at the ceremony by Frontier Touring’s managing director Michael Gudinski with Paul McCartney also sharing a special video message – “Thank you very much for this Helpmann Award… it’s a fantastic award, I’m very chuffed. I want to thank the people at Frontier, the people at Marshall Arts, and most of all the audiences of Australia. You were brilliant. Thank you very much, see you soon!” – Paul McCartney

“It was a twenty year mission to get Sir Paul McCartney . He nailed it every night…”
– Michael Gudinski

Launching in the United States in 2016, the One On One Tour played 41 shows across 12 countries to more than 1.2 million people, before heading to Australia. With six sold out stadium and arena shows the tour was attended by almost 200,000 fans in Perth, Melbourne, Sydney & Brisbane.

Congratulations on the award, Sir Paul.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, ewe2, WeepingAtlasCedars
17 July 2018
4.17pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
229sp_Permalink sp_Print

He definitely deserved the award. Well done Sir Paul (and I like the bit when he said ‘see you soon’….)

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, ewe2

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

17 July 2018
4.43pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
230sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
For our Aussies

Paul McCartney Wins Best International Contemporary Concert At 2018 Helpmann Awards

Paul McCartney received the 2018 Helpmann Award for ‘Best International Contemporary Concert’ for his One On One World Tour that arrived in Australia in December 2017.

The award was accepted at the ceremony by Frontier Touring’s managing director Michael Gudinski with Paul McCartney also sharing a special video message – “Thank you very much for this Helpmann Award… it’s a fantastic award, I’m very chuffed. I want to thank the people at Frontier, the people at Marshall Arts, and most of all the audiences of Australia. You were brilliant. Thank you very much, see you soon!” – Paul McCartney

“It was a twenty year mission to get Sir Paul McCartney . He nailed it every night…”
– Michael Gudinski

Launching in the United States in 2016, the One On One Tour played 41 shows across 12 countries to more than 1.2 million people, before heading to Australia. With six sold out stadium and arena shows the tour was attended by almost 200,000 fans in Perth, Melbourne, Sydney & Brisbane.

Congratulations on the award, Sir Paul.  

And 250,000 people came to greet the Beatles in Adelaide in 1964. That’s mental when compared.

The most unusual casualty was Marilyn Arthur, 14 years old, of Nathalia, a Victoria country town, who screamed so hard she burst a blood?vessel in her throat.

Anyone heard of anyone else doing that?

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Ahhh Girl

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

17 July 2018
8.00pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
231sp_Permalink sp_Print

The most unusual casualty was Marilyn Arthur, 14 years old, of Nathalia, a Victoria country town, who screamed so hard she burst a blood vessel in her throat

My great-grandmother lived in Nathalia until she died a few years ago. I wonder if news spread throughout the town about that? It was a very small town back then. 

Back on topic: that would be incredibly painful. I definitely don’t know of any similar cases!

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl, WeepingAtlasCedars

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

18 July 2018
1.07pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
232sp_Permalink sp_Print

Seems like many of the original 1960s Beatlemaniacs would’ve done. I seem to think I heard of that happening, perhaps…

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: kelicopter
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2862
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5520
Newest Members:
rover, rainontuesday, 9intheafternoon, NJtoTX, seo mavia
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22240, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694