Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
One On One tour 2017
5 December 2017
9.08am
ewe2
Inside the beat
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3025
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
201sp_Permalink sp_Print

Finally home. 3 hours of fabulosity. Everyone sang all the words to everything (except 2 new songs). People used their mobile flashlights like they used to use lighters. The light show was amazing. I didn’t expect the fireworks though! And one minor disappointment, no Temporary Secretary .

The following people thank ewe2 for this post:

Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl, SpecialCup, The Hole Got Fixed, Martha

I'm like Necko only I'm a bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin and also everyone. Or is everyone me? Now I'm a confused bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin everyone who is definitely not @Joe.  This has been true for 2016 & 2017 Sig-Badge.png but I may have to get more specific in the future.

aus-flag-v-small.png

5 December 2017
3.43pm
Thommo
The Kaiserkeller
Members
Forum Posts: 52
202sp_Permalink sp_Print

It was one of the best nights of my life last night. It astounds me how someone of his age can still perform the way he does. The drummer Abe Laboriel Jr. was hilarious with his facial expressions and backing vocals and was a beast on the kit. It was great just to see people happy and enjoying themselves.

The following people thank Thommo for this post:

Martha, SpecialCup, Ahhh Girl, The Hole Got Fixed, ewe2, Beatlebug
5 December 2017
7.32pm
ewe2
Inside the beat
Rishikesh
Members
203sp_Permalink sp_Print

As I piece together the gig in my mind, one of the outstanding things was Paul’s ability to communicate to a few thousand people in a natural conversational way. I know his patter is somewhat standardised, the same stories etc, but thats not how you feel when he’s talking to you. Glamour is a very old word for it, and he’s still got it in spades. And his voice was much, much better than youtube had led me to believe. When I got on the train home a number of us were telling the conductor like little kids how great it was.

Did I mention Mull Of Kintyre with an actual pipe band? Has he done that since Wings?

SpecialCup, Ahhh Girl, Little Piggy Dragonguy, Beatlebug

I'm like Necko only I'm a bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin and also everyone. Or is everyone me? Now I'm a confused bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin everyone who is definitely not @Joe.  This has been true for 2016 & 2017 Sig-Badge.png but I may have to get more specific in the future.

aus-flag-v-small.png

5 December 2017
11.18pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
204sp_Permalink sp_Print

ewe2 said
Did I mention Mull Of Kintyre with an actual pipe band? Has he done that since Wings?  

I heard an interview on the radio this morning that the band was actually bagpipe students from a very prestigious school in Melbourne (Scotch College). 

I’m looking forward to tonight. Seeing as no-one from last night took any photosa-hard-days-night-john-3 I’ll have to take somea-hard-days-night-paul-10a-hard-days-night-george-10. What a shame!

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

ewe2, Ahhh Girl, Elementary Penguin, Beatlebug

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

6 December 2017
12.13am
ewe2
Inside the beat
Rishikesh
Members
205sp_Permalink sp_Print

I wasn’t into taking photos, but half the stadium was filming the bloody thing anyway. paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif Paul might refer to that tonight 😀 

Beatlebug

aus-flag-v-small.png

7 December 2017
12.51am
Elementary Penguin
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1008
206sp_Permalink sp_Print

Best concert I have ever seen. I loved watching Paul change his instrument after every couple of songs. 

I’m not ashamed to admit that I cried a couple of times throughout the show because of how much these songs mean to me and because some of the songs have a special meaning because the are connected to John Lennon , George Harrison , Linda McCartney, and George Martin. 

The following people thank Elementary Penguin for this post:

Little Piggy Dragonguy, ewe2, Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug

And in the end the lunch you take is equal to the lunch you bake.

7 December 2017
4.00am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
207sp_Permalink sp_Print

That was a night I’ll remember forever. a-hard-days-night-paul-7a-hard-days-night-paul-7a-hard-days-night-paul-7

I’ll also admit I cried for the tribute to George. ahdn_george_08

Also, very jealous of my neighbour – she scored front row VIP tickets.a-hard-days-night-ringo-7

And what a beautiful night for it:IMG_1980.JPGImage Enlarger

IMG_1982.JPGImage Enlarger

To think I was only about 100 metres from someone who is one of my 4 biggest idols…

ewe2, Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug

2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

7 December 2017
6.56am
ewe2
Inside the beat
Rishikesh
Members
208sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ll just mention that before the show, there was a DJ with neon headgear spinning Beatles hits in some kind of dreadful medley with weird sounds added to the songs, the most bizarre thing I’ve seen in a while.

aus-flag-v-small.png

7 December 2017
7.20am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213
209sp_Permalink sp_Print

I am thrilled the three of you got to see Sir Paul rock out. The sites and sounds will linger in your minds and will be a happy place you can always go to.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

ewe2, The Hole Got Fixed, Elementary Penguin, Beatlebug
7 December 2017
7.37am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
210sp_Permalink sp_Print

Chris Holmes, @ewe2. Paul likes him a lot. He’s been with him for about seven years now.

In 2013 he included a 1 hour 45 minute plus version of his “Beatles/Paul McCartney /Wings DJ Set” on his Soundcloud for anyone interested in listening.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

ewe2

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

7 December 2017
8.08am
ewe2
Inside the beat
Rishikesh
Members
211sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh right, well the acoustics did not serve him well, I’m afraid, being a soccer stadium there was slapback delay and cavernous reverb on everything and it sounded terrible. I’ll give the soundcloud a listen then!

Ahhh Girl said
I am thrilled the three of you got to see Sir Paul rock out. The sites and sounds will linger in your minds and will be a happy place you can always go to.  

Yes, I have similar good memories of Ringo who I hope makes it back here with the new band a-hard-days-night-ringo-15I forgot to mention, @Ahhh Girl he did a special bottom wiggle, it got quite a reception beatlemaniacs_02_gif

Ahhh Girl, The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug

aus-flag-v-small.png

7 December 2017
8.27am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
212sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oh, yeah, that wiggle during And I Love Her !!! That is so cute that he does that for us. heartbeatlemaniacs_02_gif

ewe2, Beatlebug, Elementary Penguin
7 December 2017
10.00pm
ewe2
Inside the beat
Rishikesh
Members
213sp_Permalink sp_Print

Here’s a quick grab from a friend’s phone of the climax of Live And Let Die from the other night:

https://youtu.be/6b8bVev2Odw

Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug

aus-flag-v-small.png

8 December 2017
8.20am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
214sp_Permalink sp_Print

Spectacular from every angle. I love it every time I see it.

8 December 2017
5.16pm
ewe2
Inside the beat
Rishikesh
Members
215sp_Permalink sp_Print

I also liked the way they ended the show after the encore, mysterious smoke and Paul flashing V-signs before he disappeared a-hard-days-night-paul-7 Because otherwise it would have been a weird pantomime of “well we gotta go” “OH NO YOU WON’T” a-hard-days-night-paul-11

Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug

aus-flag-v-small.png

9 December 2017
10.53pm
ewe2
Inside the beat
Rishikesh
Members
216sp_Permalink sp_Print

I just checked setlist.fm because my sister went and saw Paul in Brisbane and they got Jet and we didn’t. But no one got Temporary Secretary which seems to have been dropped from the list after Japan sooo ahdn_paul_01

Beatlebug

aus-flag-v-small.png

10 December 2017
3.46am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
217sp_Permalink sp_Print

We got Jet and We Can Work It Out , and you didn’t. a-hard-days-night-paul-11

sir walter raleigh, ewe2, Beatlebug

aus-flag-v-small.png

11 December 2017
12.10am
Elementary Penguin
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1008
218sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m more jealous that you got I Saw Her Standing There but I have no complaints. 

The following people thank Elementary Penguin for this post:

ewe2, The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug

And in the end the lunch you take is equal to the lunch you bake.

11 December 2017
8.35am
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18181
219sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m just jealous that you got Paul McCartney , and I got… a dream a-hard-days-night-paul-7

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

ewe2

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

11 December 2017
1.29pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
220sp_Permalink sp_Print

Macca likes to watch some telly to relax before performing. Can you guess what show he likes?

Family Fued

Source

http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/entertainment/2017/12/paul-mccartney-talks-family-feud-and-his-advice-for-lorde.html

ewe2
Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5509
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691