Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
14 May 2020
11.33am
lovelyritametermaid
You can meet me after heavy rain has fallen
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1445
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
22801sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have this one non-Beatles fan friend who, when asked what she knows about them, has once described the Beatles as “those black-and-white identical quadruplets who sang some fun songs and then took drugs, became colorful, and then made some trippy songs” which ig is pretty accurate

The following people thank lovelyritametermaid for this post:

50yearslate, Beatlebug, Jules, The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars, ewe2

"....When I cannot sing my heart, I can only speak my mind...." 

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

14 May 2020
12.30pm
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
22802sp_Permalink sp_Print

@lovelyritametermaid IT’S TOMORROW paul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartney

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, lovelyritametermaid, lovelyritametermaid, lovelyritametermaid

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

14 May 2020
12.36pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
22803sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

confuzed.gifImage Enlarger

I’m not gonna lie, despite the trite Tumblr art style, this gif boi is definitely style goals

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

lovelyritametermaid

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

14 May 2020
12.45pm
lovelyritametermaid
Candlestick Park
Members
22804sp_Permalink sp_Print

@50yearslate  said
@lovelyritametermaid IT’S TOMORROW paul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartneypaul-mccartney

Omg don’t remind me I already started freaking out– I’m finishing up my other schoolwork rn and then after that, the entire rest of the day is devoted to c r a m m i n g

I also started freaking out today because I was double-checking for my AP Exam ID and I couldn’t find it and then I realized that its on AP Classroom and that I was just being stupid but anyhoo 

Here’s some “cram packets” btw if you need anymore stuff to study– I find the second one particularly helpful in that it has the presidents listed next to their respective time periods:

http://www1.earlyisd.net/moodle2/file.php/189/apreview.pdf

https://www.lee.k12.nc.us/cms/lib03/NC01001912/Centricity/Domain/1755/up%20to%201815.pdf

Also, make sure to check out the modified DBQ rubric if y’all haven’t already a-hard-days-night-george-10

But yeah I’m terrified– I’m confident for the AP Lang one because I am really good at rhetorical analysis essays but like the APUSH one has me s w e a t i n g

Beatlebug

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

14 May 2020
12.54pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
22805sp_Permalink sp_Print

^oh I see

I feel out-of-touch now ahdn_paul_01

I do got them style goals tho a-hard-days-night-george-4
Photo-on-5-14-20-at-13.50-3.jpgImage Enlarger

lovelyritametermaid, lovelyritametermaid, WeepingAtlasCedars

([{BRACKETS!}])
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png

14 May 2020
1.36pm
lovelyritametermaid
Candlestick Park
Members
22806sp_Permalink sp_Print

When you’re doing a practice FRQ assigned by your teacher and you write a well-developed essay on the author’s utilization of rhetoric but then you take longer than expected so you have to write your conclusion in less than a minute and then you start to panic but then you actually write a stylized and well-written conclusion paragraph and finish the last sentence just as the timer stops you like a boss a-hard-days-night-paul-7

The AP Language and Composition test won’t know what hit her ahdn_john_08_gif

Beatlebug, The Hole Got Fixed

||She/They ||

14 May 2020
4.20pm
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5446
22807sp_Permalink sp_Print

Lol

The following people thank vonbontee for this post:

lovelyritametermaid

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

14 May 2020
4.38pm
Jules
In your wildest dreams
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 690
22808sp_Permalink sp_Print

lovelyritametermaid said
I have this one non-Beatles fan friend who, when asked what she knows about them, has once described the Beatles as “those black-and-white identical quadruplets who sang some fun songs and then took drugs, became colorful, and then made some trippy songs” which ig is pretty accurate

Actually most people I know don’t even know about the trippy part so kudos to your friend. They just think the Beatles are shit because they made Love Me Do , She Loves You , I Want To Hold Your Hand and then, I don’t know, retired or something. Also they get pretty impressed when you tell them that they were less than a decade together.

Come to think of it, I used to think it was like that. Discovering the trippy shit was what got me into them in the first place.

The following people thank Jules for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

the watusi

the twist

14 May 2020
5.26pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
22809sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Rita’s friend has probably been better-educated than most, simply by virtue of close proximity with Rita. ahdn_john_08_gif

Also “This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody)” just came on and I heartheartheartheartheartheart

lovelyritametermaid, lovelyritametermaid, Jules

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

14 May 2020
5.54pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
22810sp_Permalink sp_Print

The only things I knew about The Beatles before I was a fan is that Michael Jackson outbid Paul McCartney on his music and that they sang Hello Goodbye and dressed funny. 

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

14 May 2020
6.37pm
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
22811sp_Permalink sp_Print

lovelyritametermaid said

@50yearslate  said

Omg don’t remind me I already started freaking out– I’m finishing up my other schoolwork rn and then after that, the entire rest of the day is devoted to c r a m m i n g

I also started freaking out today because I was double-checking for my AP Exam ID and I couldn’t find it and then I realized that its on AP Classroom and that I was just being stupid but anyhoo 

Here’s some “cram packets” btw if you need anymore stuff to study– I find the second one particularly helpful in that it has the presidents listed next to their respective time periods:

https://www.lee.k12.nc.us/cms/lib03/NC01001912/Centricity/Domain/1755/up%20to%201815.pdf

Also, make sure to check out the modified DBQ rubric if y’all haven’t already a-hard-days-night-george-10

But yeah I’m terrified– I’m confident for the AP Lang one because I am really good at rhetorical analysis essays but like the APUSH one has me s w e a t i n g

Ikr! I watched one of the college board videos this morning and took a practice test this afternoon (which went ok except for the fact that I forgot about a major historical event that was very relevant to what i was writing about… oops) and i’ve been watching crash courses nonstop now and going over all the checklists like a crazy person (which i am).

lovelyritametermaid said
When you’re doing a practice FRQ assigned by your teacher and you write a well-developed essay on the author’s utilization of rhetoric but then you take longer than expected so you have to write your conclusion in less than a minute and then you start to panic but then you actually write a stylized and well-written conclusion paragraph and finish the last sentence just as the timer stops you like a boss a-hard-days-night-paul-7

Good for you! I’ve sort of been ignoring the Lang exam… I’ll pay it some attention after tomorrow.

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, lovelyritametermaid

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

14 May 2020
10.13pm
lovelyritametermaid
Candlestick Park
Members
22812sp_Permalink sp_Print

50yearslate said

lovelyritametermaid said

@50yearslate  said

Ikr! I watched one of the college board videos this morning and took a practice test this afternoon (which went ok except for the fact that I forgot about a major historical event that was very relevant to what i was writing about… oops) and i’ve been watching crash courses nonstop now and going over all the checklists like a crazy person (which i am).

I haven’t taken any practice tests yet– just watched the college board videos reviewing them. We did a practice in class DBQ the week before lockdown and then did a DBQ together as a class last week but other than that I haven’t done any timed practices oof– my teacher doesn’t really require that we do the ones on AP Classroom soooo mccartney-shrug_01_gif

lovelyritametermaid said

Good for you! I’ve sort of been ignoring the Lang exam… I’ll pay it some attention after tomorrow.

I can’t really ignore AP Lang practice because my teacher for that class requires it (she gives us credit only on completion, though, which is nice and then emails us individual feedback on the essay instead of just scoring it for a grade.) Though I do appreciate that it is a required grade since if she didn’t make them assignments my lazy butt would never find the incentive to do timed practice on my own (much like with APUSH practice but oh well I studied enough historical events and I know how to write a good DBQ– I got a perfect on the timed in-class one that I did and as long as I follow that structure, use HIPP for each document, provide context and a defensible thesis, and set up the complexity by introducing a counterargument in my thesis and reasoning then I’ll be fine…….though I am still terrified a-hard-days-night-paul-7a-hard-days-night-paul-7

Anyhoo, on a less stressful matter, there’s a pottery place that delivers unpainted pots and glazes of choice to your door and then you just drop ’em off to be baked, all while maintaining social distancing measures, and the mug that I painted a few weeks ago arrived after being in the kiln and now I’m never using another mug because it’s the perfect Taurean mug beatlemaniacs_02_gif

IMG_5501.jpgImage Enlarger

Beatlebug, Beatlebug, sigh butterfly, WeepingAtlasCedars, The Hole Got Fixed, QuarryMan, Ahhh Girl

||She/They ||

14 May 2020
10.16pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
22813sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

^Beautiful

The Hole Got Fixed, lovelyritametermaid

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

14 May 2020
10.53pm
sigh butterfly
Sea of Green (near the Golden Gate)
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4798
22814sp_Permalink sp_Print

lovelyritametermaid said

sigh butterfly said 

I’m particularly looking forward to hearing Eddie Redmayne’s piece (coming soon).

WAIT EDDIE REDMAYNE’S DOING ONE NOW I H A V E TO LISTEN TO THESE EDDIE IS MY B O I beatlemaniacs_02_gifbeatlemaniacs_02_gifheartheart

Eddie Redmayne Returns as Newt Scamander in New Image Enlarger

*pulls out Newt Scamander’s wand (that I actually own and paid for with my own money) and hugs it close* 

@lovelyritametermaid >> Eddie’s Chapter 3 “The Letters From No One” reading is available (for when you finish studying of course a-hard-days-night-george-10)

Unknown-5.jpegImage Enlarger

The following people thank sigh butterfly for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, lovelyritametermaid

You and I have memories
Longer than the road that stretches out ahead

15 May 2020
4.44am
Jules
In your wildest dreams
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 690
22815sp_Permalink sp_Print

sigh butterfly said 
Unknown-5.jpegImage Enlarger

a-hard-days-night-ringo-7

His shoulders look… weird… 

The following people thank Jules for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug, sigh butterfly

the watusi

the twist

15 May 2020
6.12am
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3761
22816sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oof, Eddie Redmaynebeatlemaniacs_02_gifUgh, keep it together QMana-hard-days-night-paul-7I do agree that his shoulders look kind of weird there… That can’t be a comfortable position. 

The following people thank QuarryMan for this post:

Beatlebug, sigh butterfly, lovelyritametermaid, Jules

I've been up on the mountain, and I've seen his wondrous grace,
I've sat there on the barstool and I've looked him in the face.
He seemed a little haggard, but it did not slow him down,
he was humming to the neon of the universal sound. 

15 May 2020
8.37am
Beatlebug

Moderators
22817sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

It’s a highly scientific and totally not anecdotal observation of mine that the more contorted you hold your body without looking contorted, the greater you enhance its perceived sex appeal. a-hard-days-night-george-4

sigh butterfly, QuarryMan, lovelyritametermaid, Jules

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

15 May 2020
9.15am
sigh butterfly
Rishikesh
Members
22818sp_Permalink sp_Print

Maybe this one is better. (too buff?)

4cbd407a5271398f9cafd895fc67d9ee.jpgImage Enlarger

QuarryMan, lovelyritametermaid

You and I have memories

15 May 2020
9.16am
QuarryMan
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3761
22819sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8That is actually really accurate

Edit: we should have a term for when you use the a-hard-days-night-ringo-8but somebody else posts in between your post and the one you were referring to. Like a Fiddy, but different

The following people thank QuarryMan for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, Jules

I've been up on the mountain, and I've seen his wondrous grace,
I've sat there on the barstool and I've looked him in the face.
He seemed a little haggard, but it did not slow him down,
he was humming to the neon of the universal sound. 

15 May 2020
9.20am
sigh butterfly
Rishikesh
Members
22820sp_Permalink sp_Print

mini-Fiddy? Love the flags Q!!apple01

QuarryMan, lovelyritametermaid

You and I have memories

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2860
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5520
Newest Members:
9intheafternoon, NJtoTX, seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22240, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694