Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
20 May 2020
11.45am
lovelyritametermaid
You can meet me after heavy rain has fallen
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1445
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
22861sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

50yearslate said
Test 3 today >.<

Good luck, @50yearslate!! I was confident before but now I’m kinda terrified, but I guess that’s just normal test jitters, huh? a-hard-days-night-paul-10a-hard-days-night-paul-10

Random side-note:

Timothee Chalamet is the perfect human being period. I should be getting in the mindset for my test, but like I can’t stop thinking about those ~cheekbones~ a-hard-days-night-paul-7

Little Women (2019)Image Enlarger

Edit: Also, Taurus season is over and I’m big sad about it– freaking Gemini season starts today…..

The following people thank lovelyritametermaid for this post:

Beatlebug, The Hole Got Fixed

"....When I cannot sing my heart, I can only speak my mind...." 

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

20 May 2020
11.51am
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
22862sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

@lovelyritametermaid said

Edit: Also, Taurus season is over and I’m big sad about it– freaking Gemini season starts today…..  

I know a-hard-days-night-paul-3

remember, y’all won’t back down, even in the face of ~mercury mutable air~ ahdn_george_06a-hard-days-night-george-10

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, WeepingAtlasCedars

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

20 May 2020
2.38pm
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
22863sp_Permalink sp_Print

Test 3 has been completed! It was better than I thought but not great. I hope I did ok.

@lovelyritametermaid how was yours?

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

Beatlebug, lovelyritametermaid, meanmistermustard, The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

20 May 2020
3.21pm
lovelyritametermaid
Candlestick Park
Members
22864sp_Permalink sp_Print

@50yearslate  said
Test 3 has been completed! It was better than I thought but not great. I hope I did ok.

It went alright. It wasn’t difficult, but it wasn’t ideal either because I got a contemporary passage and I hate analyzing contemporary passages but oh well mccartney-shrug_01_gif

My conclusion was kinda ass though ngl– it literally was just “[Restates Thesis]. And they did well and achieved their purpose yay!” and I wrote it in like 2 seconds b/c I was running out of time. Also, the choices were a little hard to pick out. I think my response is worthy of a good score, tho and I definitely think I earned the style and sophistication point, which is a plus. 

I’m just relieved I’m done with my two AP tests (for this year, next year I’m taking 4 tho welp). Do you have anymore to take, Fiddy?

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

20 May 2020
6.34pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
22865sp_Permalink sp_Print

sigh butterfly said in the Monkees thread
The Monkees – I Wanna Be Free (original tv appearance on episode 6)

This is currently the longest period of time that I haven’t been to the ocean since I was 15. If anyone lives near an ocean or sea could you send me a picture?

<youtube clip>

I live all of about a kilometer away from the water, @sigh butterfly – though it’s technically a bay.

Funnily enough I’ve never taken a picture of it before, because it’s just the thing down the road to me. In the meantime, enjoy this picture I took of the Bay of Fires (which is really just the Tasman Sea) in Tasmania:

IMG0520.JPGImage Enlarger

lovelyritametermaid said
Timothee Chalamet is the perfect human being period. I should be getting in the mindset for my test, but like I can’t stop thinking about those ~cheekbones~ a-hard-days-night-paul-7

Little Women (2019)Image Enlarger

Tell me about it…a-hard-days-night-paul-7

Good luck/well done all test takers! Just remember that if you don’t do as well as you hope, it doesn’t define you in any waya-hard-days-night-ringo-15

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

sigh butterfly, lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

20 May 2020
6.41pm
sigh butterfly
Sea of Green (near the Golden Gate)
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4798
22866sp_Permalink sp_Print

Beautiful @The Hole Got Fixed apple01a-hard-days-night-john-6a-hard-days-night-paul-8a-hard-days-night-george-9ahdn_ringo_09<<<<<me now

The following people thank sigh butterfly for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed

You and I have memories
Longer than the road that stretches out ahead

20 May 2020
8.21pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
22867sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

lovelyritametermaid said

@50yearslate  said

It went alright. It wasn’t difficult, but it wasn’t ideal either because I got a contemporary passage and I hate analyzing contemporary passages but oh well mccartney-shrug_01_gif

I had a modern one too but I didn’t mind too much because they take so much less effort to get through than old-timey texts.

My conclusion was kinda ass though ngl– it literally was just “[Restates Thesis]. And they did well and achieved their purpose yay!” and I wrote it in like 2 seconds b/c I was running out of time. Also, the choices were a little hard to pick out. I think my response is worthy of a good score, tho and I definitely think I earned the style and sophistication point, which is a plus. 

Lol mine was maybe 2 sentences at most but my conclusions are always “[restate thesis] they made a difference in their field yay them”

I’m just relieved I’m done with my two AP tests (for this year, next year I’m taking 4 tho welp). Do you have anymore to take, Fiddy?

My best friend took 2 this year also and I’m pretty jealous… I’m taking four this year and I plan to take four more next year. I have one left now– World History tomorrow. I’m massively underprepared and I don’t really have notes so that’s nerve-wracking a-hard-days-night-paul-7

lovelyritametermaid

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

20 May 2020
8.52pm
lovelyritametermaid
Candlestick Park
Members
22868sp_Permalink sp_Print

@50yearslate said

I had a modern one too but I didn’t mind too much because they take so much less effort to get through than old-timey texts.

That’s true– but I just feel like I can make stronger arguments for my choices with old-timey texts, because old-timey people were more stylized and wordy than modern people so like I had more to go off of and analyze, y’know? 

My best friend took 2 this year also and I’m pretty jealous… I’m taking four this year and I plan to take four more next year. I have one left now– World History tomorrow. I’m massively underprepared and I don’t really have notes so that’s nerve-wracking a-hard-days-night-paul-7

I didn’t have notes for APUSH but I just looked up and printed out a cram packet and that suited me fine– maybe you can do the same for AP World? 

Beatlebug, 50yearslate

||She/They ||

20 May 2020
10.01pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
22869sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Beatlebug said

@lovelyritametermaid said

@50yearslate said

He is just dressing.   

He is just

Lite Poppy Seed Dressing | AnnieImage Enlarger

I have a sudden urge to draw David Bowie as a bottle of salad dressing – be right back…

IMAG44872.jpgImage Enlarger

A bit late but you’re welcome john-lennon-salute_gif

lovelyritametermaid, lovelyritametermaid, Turn Left At Greenland, WeepingAtlasCedars, Von Bontee

([{BRACKETS!}])
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png

20 May 2020
10.54pm
Turn Left At Greenland
Writing home every day
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 192
22870sp_Permalink sp_Print

It’s fun seeing all the people here talking about AP tests and what not–makes me nostalgic for high school (which is weird, since I hated high school). While I didn’t take APUSH like all my friends (for reasons that I will not get into here), history was my favorite subject and thing to just read about until college, so I’m enjoying hearing about studying for APUSH exams. 

Meanwhile, this wonky philosophy geek is busy dreaming of the day he gets accepted into a PhD program and gets to go off to a majestic city and study philosophy with a bunch of other wonky geeks. Alas, time is a necessary element of human existence, and I can’t simply skip ahead to next year. Oh well a-hard-days-night-paul-3

The following people thank Turn Left At Greenland for this post:

QuarryMan, lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

"And life flows on within you and without you"

"I guess I just wasn't made for these times"

21 May 2020
2.49pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
22871sp_Permalink sp_Print

lovelyritametermaid said

@50yearslate said

That’s true– but I just feel like I can make stronger arguments for my choices with old-timey texts, because old-timey people were more stylized and wordy than modern people so like I had more to go off of and analyze, y’know? 

That’s very true.

My best friend took 2 this year also and I’m pretty jealous… I’m taking four this year and I plan to take four more next year. I have one left now– World History tomorrow. I’m massively underprepared and I don’t really have notes so that’s nerve-wracking a-hard-days-night-paul-7

I didn’t have notes for APUSH but I just looked up and printed out a cram packet and that suited me fine– maybe you can do the same for AP World? 

I ended up just taking notes from my Ap World History study booklet that I sort of forgot I had and I think it went ok.

No more APs for me (this year)!!!  a-hard-days-night-george-9 It’s summertime, and the living is easy

lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, Little Piggy Dragonguy

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

23 May 2020
10.21pm
lovelyritametermaid
Candlestick Park
Members
22872sp_Permalink sp_Print

When you randomly feel the need to text a friend that you haven’t talked to in awhile about your emotional reactions to the music of Elton John and you get anxious and guilty because you realize that you forgot to wish them happy birthday a few weeks and that you weren’t in their birthday parade thing (even though their sister personally requested if you’d be there but you were felt too overwhelmed to leave your house) and then you start trying to assuage your fears that this person hates you by reminding yourself that the reason they probably aren’t responding right away is that a) they’re asleep or b) they’re working the late shift at Burger King but you really wish they’d respond because you just wanna talk about Rocketman and how much you loved Taron Egerton in it a-hard-days-night-paul-7a-hard-days-night-paul-7a-hard-days-night-paul-7

Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars, Jules, ewe2

||She/They ||

24 May 2020
12.05am
Jules
In your wildest dreams
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 690
22873sp_Permalink sp_Print

Stop texting me Rita, my boss at BK is already yelling at me

The following people thank Jules for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars, ewe2

the watusi

the twist

26 May 2020
7.33am
Jules
In your wildest dreams
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 690
22874sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ok I’ll say it

Why is heroin music so damn good?

Not only is it good though, it actually sounds similar. Like cozy but frightening. Probably a lot like heroin must feel. I think it’s probably my favourite genre of drug-inspired aesthetics.

The following people thank Jules for this post:

Beatlebug, kelicopter

the watusi

the twist

26 May 2020
8.33am
lovelyritametermaid
Candlestick Park
Members
22875sp_Permalink sp_Print

May I add a “heroin” song to this list, @Jules? 

Jules

||She/They ||

26 May 2020
2.20pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
22876sp_Permalink sp_Print

I dunno, I’m partial to coke music a-hard-days-night-george-10

STATIONTOSTATIONDAVIDBOWIE.jpgImage Enlarger

Jules, WeepingAtlasCedars

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

26 May 2020
3.02pm
lovelyritametermaid
Candlestick Park
Members
22877sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Beatlebug said
I dunno, I’m partial to coke music a-hard-days-night-george-10

STATIONTOSTATIONDAVIDBOWIE.jpgImage Enlarger

*”coke, redpeppers, and milk music”, you mean? a-hard-days-night-george-10

What about just all around drug fiesta albums/music? (i.e. the Beatles discography from Rubber Soul to Magical Mystery Tour )

Beatlebug, Jules, WeepingAtlasCedars

||She/They ||

26 May 2020
3.20pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
22878sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

Drug-fiesta music isn’t necessarily my thing. I like it if it’s good and creative, but it too often just turns into self-indulgence. I think it creates interesting results when people first start to take things and then the quality goes down very quickly after the initial burst of creativity is over and they’re just stoned/high all the time.

Jules, lovelyritametermaid

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

26 May 2020
3.35pm
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5789
22879sp_EditHistory sp_Permalink sp_Print

D17A7F06-F480-4EB3-8DC4-3CE7E25027A9.jpegImage Enlarger

18B81969-5C0C-4F5C-B1AC-BCCEC35297C6.jpegImage Enlarger
461C6B4C-E2D3-4ED1-8D64-152BB7CC2B5E.jpegImage Enlarger
Unfortunately many of my favorite bands are known as ‘drug bands’ but In my opinion the best musicians are currently playing in the genre of Jam/Fusion

As for my favorite drug Aesthetic it has to be Acid. Theres a few good songs about heroin that are super interesting, but for the most part Heroin has destroyed bands and the lives of the artists using it. 

The following people thank sir walter raleigh for this post:

Beatlebug, sigh butterfly, lovelyritametermaid, lovelyritametermaid, Jules, WeepingAtlasCedars

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

26 May 2020
4.26pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4470
22880sp_Permalink sp_Print

Don’t forget marijuana:

It’s funny how despite being both a volcel (NOT to be confused with incel) and completely disinterested in drugs/alcohol, some of the greatest songs of all time are about romance and or drugs.

The following people thank Dark Overlord for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, Jules

If you're reading this, you are looking for something to do.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: kelicopter
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694