Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Pet Peeves
23 April 2017
10.48pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4470
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3701sp_Permalink sp_Print

This has probably been said before, but it really pisses me off that The Beatles aren’t on YouTube except for a few of their hits. If I want to play along with my guitar to I’m So Tired , I don’t want to have to play along with a guitar cover and the worst part is that now I can’t watch those The Beatles Rock Band custom music videos because UMG UK won’t let me.

If you're reading this, you are looking for something to do.

24 April 2017
9.21pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
3702sp_Permalink sp_Print

Here’s an episode of a TV show that pisses me off:

Essentially what is happening is that everyone is that the new lunch lady is giving the students at a school ice cream and cotton candy as a treat but some asshole decides that he won’t let that happen, so he gets help from a talking sandwich to prevent that from happening and thanks to him and his sandwich friend, the kids don’t get their special treat. I bet that the second all of the kids find out that this kid is to blame, they’re going to beat the living hell out of him because now they aren’t getting their special treat. It may seem like it’s teaching little kids to eat healthy but in reality it’s teaching them to be a jerk and ruin it for everyone else.

Here’s another example of stupidity in little kids television:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?…..f-mTtlH9AM

What’s happening here is that there’s this shark trying to eat somebody but that person wants to help fix that shark’s injured fin but while that’s happening, the shark is trying to eat him and at the end demands something and if he doesn’t get it, he’ll eat the person. The message here seems to be help your enemy, which is an absurdly stupid moral to show in a cartoon. If someone is trying to kill me and he has an injury, do you think I’m going to help him take care of it. Not a chance in hell, I’d either make a run for it or fight back, preferably make a run for it. I’m not that stupid that I am going to help somebody who clearly wants to kill me. It’d be like me helping The Joker, who wants to chop my head off, after he sprained his ankle. If anything, I say take advantage of people’s disadvantages if they’re trying to harm you.

Also, a 3rd example is in Dora The Explorer. When she needs to get somewhere but a bear is in her way, instead of teaching kids a valuable lesson in taking detours and walking around the bear, she decides f*** it, let’s ignore all common sense and wake him up. Do you know what happens when you wake up a sleeping bear, they aren’t going to be nice to you, they’re going to make you look like this.

todd-orr-facebook.jpgImage Enlarger

That’s if you’re lucky, most likely they’ll just kill you or in this case, your Little Child .

In conclusion, these are terrible messages to be giving to 2-5 year olds and it’s a pet peeve of mine.

The following people thank Dark Overlord for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog

24 April 2017
9.39pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
3703sp_Permalink sp_Print

You watched episodes of kids shows you ahded so you can post it on this form.

REMENIDS MEfo the time when I would sit and watche netifilx for a few hours int il I lost my organs. It was a sad time for me because withoutrt organs I cwaould unable to dor oragan things like beat my heart or sqees mu longs so Ifell ong the agorund bout lucaklky there was a doctor by the tname of PFDfol mcartn y adn he swed me right up. F(((&%&&. IS a swer word don’t swerae or do drugs kidsd but remember that I don’t doi drugs bucase they are bad remember teow pllus tow is for but fondont is a food that rimes with moaregrate y but there are many factors at play hwere but there are many factoars at player her and one of the factors is

BANAA>

The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:

WeepingAtlasCedars, SgtPeppersBulldog, Necko

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

24 April 2017
11.01pm
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
3704sp_Permalink sp_Print

When you want to hug someone but you can’t because they’re too far away and/or have no idea who you are… ahdn_paul_01

Of course, none of you can relate. a-hard-days-night-paul-8

The following people thank WeepingAtlasCedars for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, GardeningOctopus, 50yearslate

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

24 April 2017
11.11pm
Evangeline
1334 North Beechwood Drive
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1808
3705sp_Permalink sp_Print

WeepingAtlasCedars said
When you want to hug someone but you can’t because they’re too far away and/or have no idea who you are… ahdn_paul_01

Nope, hugging is one of my worst fears. I’d run to the ends of the earth to avoid a person who wants a hug. Can’t do it.

I am you as you are you as you are you and you are all together. 

24 April 2017
11.39pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
3706sp_Permalink sp_Print

WeepingAtlasCedars said

I can totally relate, Weepy C. There are some people/dogs in my life that I would hug forever, but I can’t because it would be annoying and creepy, and I’m pretty sure none of them would appreciate it (which would also lessen the quality of the hug, because they would be resisting after a while). 

Pet peeve: when people call my dog ugly and threaten to kick/kill her because they want to make me mad

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

25 April 2017
1.38am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964

That ‘Octopus’ cartoon is appalling. The message is stupid enough, and terribly done (help the person who’s trying to hurt you but is injured by getting someone to knock him over as he/she will then become placid so you can!! – utter nonsense), but worse is the crappy animation, Tom and Jerry looks far better, and the dire aggressive Scottish accent of the shark. Whoever did that should be dangled above a school of sharks and slowly lowered down until they can nibble him to death.

On another note here is how advertisers are being able to crap over Queen’s legacy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?…..IR5dNN7o1w

‘Flash’ was a dreadful song but to allow the above.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Dark Overlord

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

25 April 2017
1.50pm
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5789
3708sp_Permalink sp_Print

Little Piggy Dragonguy said

I can totally relate, Weepy C. There are some people/dogs in my life that I would hug forever, but I can’t because it would be annoying and creepy, and I’m pretty sure none of them would appreciate it (which would also lessen the quality of the hug, because they would be resisting after a while). 

Pet peeve: when people call my dog ugly and threaten to kick/kill her because they want to make me mad  

Anybody who threatens to kill a dog need to have the hounds unleashed on them. 

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

25 April 2017
2.26pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
3709sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
That ‘Octopus’ cartoon is appalling. The message is stupid enough, and terribly done (help the person who’s trying to hurt you but is injured by getting someone to knock him over as he/she will then become placid so you can!! – utter nonsense), but worse is the crappy animation, Tom and Jerry looks far better, and the dire aggressive Scottish accent of the shark. Whoever did that should be dangled above a school of sharks and slowly lowered down until they can nibble him to death.

To be fair, there is a lot worse quality CGI, such as Food Fight or one of those rip off DVDs that you can buy at your local Walmart (on in your case, ASDA) for $3/£2.

meanmistermustard said
On another note here is how advertisers are being able to crap over Queen’s legacy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?…..IR5dNN7o1w

‘Flash’ was a dreadful song but to allow the above.  

That’s so sad, Queen is like the 70’s version of The Beatles and to see such a great band selling out for a stupid parody is sad. Those marketing jerks are nothing but Death On Two Legs to me, they suck at their job like a leech and they can kiss my rear end goodbye, which Queen has a great hard rock song about.

Since this song was never released as a single, I doubt any Weird Al rip offs will get their hands on this song any time soon.

Pet peeve: when people call my dog ugly and threaten to kick/kill her because they want to make me mad.

That’s sad to hear, I wonder why these people want to piss you off and why they feel the need to threaten your dog in order to do so, it seems odd they choose to work you up this way instead of insulting you or calling you an offensive name.

25 April 2017
5.47pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
3710sp_Permalink sp_Print

Dark Overlord said

Pet peeve: when people call my dog ugly and threaten to kick/kill her because they want to make me mad.

That’s sad to hear, I wonder why these people want to piss you off and why they feel the need to threaten your dog in order to do so, it seems odd they choose to work you up this way instead of insulting you or calling you an offensive name.  

It’s not odd that they threaten/bash my dog to upset me instead of bashing me because they know that I love my dog more than I love myself. 

25 April 2017
6.14pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
3711sp_Permalink sp_Print

Now that makes sense, although I still wonder why these guys would want to piss you off.

7 May 2017
3.53pm
Martha
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1277
3712sp_Permalink sp_Print

Something I really can’t stand is prejudging. I know it’s only natural you have a distinct picture of every person you’ve only known for five seconds in your head. Humans can’t help prejudging, it’s an unconscious process, but we all know this picture is premature and doesn’t represent the person at all; so why don’t we consciously force ourselves not to pigeonhole people and be open towards them?

Nah, that’s too complicated. The woman next to one’s house is just the typical boring, slightly stupid housewife that can’t wait for her husband to get home and the boy in one’s class who treats girls’ hearts like chewing gums will always remain a disgusting narcissistic chauvinist. A nice and easy way of ”getting to know other people” that only requires as many social skills as pressing the friends button on Facebook.

The following people thank Martha for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, SgtPeppersBulldog, Beatlebug

Not once does the diversity seem forced -- the genius of the record is how the vaudevillian "When I'm 64" seems like a logical extension of "Within You Without You" and how it provides a gateway to the chiming guitars of "Lovely Rita. - Stephen T. Erlewine on Sgt Pepper's

7 May 2017
4.04pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
3713sp_Permalink sp_Print

People do, doesn’t stop the process.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

13 May 2017
11.04am
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
3714sp_Permalink sp_Print

When people reason with their emotions instead of logic. Usually these are the people who are overly histrionic or unnecessarily angry.

The following people thank Little Piggy Dragonguy for this post:

SgtPeppersBulldog, Necko

13 May 2017
11.56am
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
3715sp_Permalink sp_Print

This is an odd pet peeve but I hate when I can’t think of anything to talk about in this thread because I’ve mentioned it already.

Anyways, here’s one I’ve been thinking about for awhile, Maroon 5.

I think there first 2 albums under the name Maroon 5 are pretty good, I like those songs like This Love, Makes Me Wonder, Harder To Breathe, She Will Be Loved, and Won’t Go Home Without You, but once their 3rd album came out, they started to suck.

What sort of band releases 2 solid efforts and then nothing but shit afterwards. Sure, Metallica hasn’t made a good studio album since Metallica, ZZ Top turned from great blues rock to piss poor pop with Eliminator, Queen had Hot Space, among other examples, but these bands had more than 2 albums under their belt before turning to making bad music.

13 May 2017
12.54pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
3716sp_Permalink sp_Print

I only like The Doors’ first album. I’m not a big fan of any of their other albums.

13 May 2017
1.06pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
3717sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sorry if this is too fast for you guys but here’s a new pet peeve of mine:

I hate the idea of calling someone Mr. or Mrs. last name, it really pisses me off, especially with teachers, they say it’s out of respect but it’s as respectful and stupid as not looking at someone’s face like how Tom And Jerry never see the face of Mammy Two Shoes. I’m going to make up an example here, let’s say Ron Nasty was my math teacher, I wouldn’t call him Mr. Nasty, I would either call him Ron or a very generic term like sir or math teacher (or Ronald McDonald if he pissed me off). In school I often just call my teachers by their teaching profession such as math teacher, gym teacher, science teacher, etc. and whenever I am referring to them indirectly, I call them by their first names.

13 May 2017
1.16pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
3718sp_Permalink sp_Print

What is your problem with Mr or Mrs?

13 May 2017
2.53pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182

When online news articles are poorly written. Just because you’re not having to expend all this effort on printing presses and ink and paper doesn’t mean you needn’t bother yourself to get a decent copy-editor! It’s a newspaper, for god’s sake, not some unimportant social media post! And it wasn’t a rubbishy tabloid or anything, either — it was the BBC. You’d expect them to give a crap. paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

Martha

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

13 May 2017
3.12pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
3720sp_Permalink sp_Print

Starr Shine? said
What is your problem with Mr or Mrs?  

Mrs how dare you?!?! That’s ‘Ms’ to you SS? !

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

Beatlebug

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Filipe
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2862
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5520
Newest Members:
rover, rainontuesday, 9intheafternoon, NJtoTX, seo mavia
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22240, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694