Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Pet Peeves
24 May 2017
4.21pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3781sp_Permalink sp_Print

Have hope! Something good will happen soon.

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

24 May 2017
4.58pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4470
3782sp_Permalink sp_Print

It’s hard to, especially when everyone wants you to get a job despite the fact that main reason I attempted suicide was because I didn’t want a job and felt that death was the only way out besides working. I’m going to have some programs and if they try to force me to get a job, I’ll just sign myself up for the military, although I’m morally against it.

If you're reading this, you are looking for something to do.

24 May 2017
5.05pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
3783sp_Permalink sp_Print

Tell the people who run the programs you don’t want a job. They should be able to work with that if they are skilled enough. 

2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

24 May 2017
5.08pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
3784sp_Permalink sp_Print

These aren’t just those people, I told someone at a meeting I had recently at school that, it’s also my mother.

The following people thank Dark Overlord for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed

26 May 2017
8.15pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
3785sp_Permalink sp_Print

Side A:

2 things regarding popular songs that I don’t think I’ve mentioned here before

1. Length

I was listening to November Rain by Guns N’ Roses in the car earlier today on my way to get a large Big Mac meal and then decided to look it up on Wikipedia and besides learning that not all wedding dresses cover your entire body, I also learned that it was the longest song to hit the Billboard top 10, yet it was only 8:57 long which may seem long at first but when compared to other long songs, it’s like Her Majesty .

Why does it seem like most artists write 2-3 minute songs. To be fair, some of these artists absolutely suck, but there are others like The Beatles and The Beach Boys that are phenomenal and make excellent songs. Why can’t these bands make 17 minute songs with 12 minute instrumental sections in the middle of them, just like Iron Butterfly’s 1968 classic In A Gadda Da Vida, I wish more bands had songs like that and it be great if there were 15 minute songs on the Billboard hot 100 chart, as well as on the radio.

2. Talking about love

The Beatles were revolutionary in lyrical concepts, Nowhere Man was the first popular non-instrumental rock single released that had nothing to do about love and Revolver is the first popular non-instrumental rock album where the majority of tracks have nothing to do with love, which was followed by Sgt. Pepper ‘s Lonely Hearts Club Band, Magical Mystery Tour , and The Beatles. The Beatles were revolutionary, they showed people that you didn’t need to sing about love and in a way, influenced heavy metal with bands like Black Sabbath and Metallica who almost never talked about love.

Flash forwards to today where although The Beatles legacy can be seen, this portion of it is gone, almost every popular song is about love, often in even worse fashion than it was when The Beatles were around. Now instead of nice family friendly love songs like I Want To Hold Your Hand and She Loves You , we have songs that explicitly mention sex and female body parts. And on the rare occasion it isn’t about love, it’s about drugs and this isn’t like I Am The Walrus where the message is simply implied, the message is clear and specifically stated, such as in Smoke Weed Everyday.

Side B:

Some other things

1. The phrase be a leader not a follower

This is a stupid phrase, think of it this way. Would you rather your child follow the rules and follow in your footsteps or would you rather him be a corrupt leader like Adolf Hitler or Saddam Hussein.

2. Modern society and food

First of all, I hate how most children actually like to eat their vegetables nowadays, but that’s not what I’m here to talk about.

I hate how society makes out fast food to be unhealthy and makes it look bad, I love fast food and I can tell you in an instant that 3 large whopper meals with cheese is healthier than 3 large whopper meals with cheese and a head of broccoli. It’s not about what we’re putting into our bodies, it’s how much we’re eating.

Also, I hate that large is the biggest size, I had a large Big Mac meal for lunch (including putting some of the French fries in between 2 slices of bread at home) and I still wasn’t full, bring back the super size option, I still would probably take me 2 super size Big Mac meals to be full, but 1 super size meal would fill me up more than a large meal.

BelAir2_9.jpgImage Enlarger

Looks like I’m not listening to You Won’t See Me during dinner.

There’s a 1,000,000% chance meanmistermustard knows who these are.

tmnt-1987.jpgImage Enlarger

[Image Can Not Be Found]

pHQLw3g.gifImage Enlarger

Hope you like hidden tracks.

I hate how modern society thinks tobacco is bad for you, it’s not, those PSA’s are a scam.

26 May 2017
8.38pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
3786sp_Permalink sp_Print

Why is tobacco not bad?

Also people don’t got time for 17 min songs.

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

26 May 2017
8.49pm
Evangeline
1334 North Beechwood Drive
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1808
3787sp_Permalink sp_Print

Starr Shine? said
Also people don’t got time for 17 min songs.  

Ha! I knew Silly Girl was abnormal!
(I jest SG. a-hard-days-night-george-10 ) (Or do I…)

Pet peeve: When I’m reading something, and my eyes just cannot focus, even with squinting and covering one eye. How am I supposed to read if I can’t read?!

The following people thank Evangeline for this post:

Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

I am you as you are you as you are you and you are all together. 

26 May 2017
9.06pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
3788sp_Permalink sp_Print

There’s always time to listen to a 17 minute song, just make sure you have one of these on you.

transistor-radio.jpgImage Enlarger

or alternatively

[Image Can Not Be Found]

or

31G1M5722EL._AC_UL320_SR274,320_.jpgImage Enlarger

I see you found the surprise waiting at the end of the rainbow.

caf3d7bac5ace55549b651e73394a3ad.jpgImage Enlarger

Dorothy: it true there will be a musical group 25 years from now called The Beatles that will be even better than here.

Glinda: Yes it is, yes it is, yes it is, yes it is, oh yes it is, yes, yes it is, it’s true

ahdn_paul_01: So this is what it’s come to, creative yet stupid and pointless intermissions

beatlemaniacs_02_gif: Ahhh, he’s so cute, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ahdn_paul_01: Better run

stay-on-topic

A pet peeve of mine is when people make tobacco look bad, it’s not the tobacco itself that’s bad for you but the added chemicals from the tobacco companies such as rocket fuel and rat poison but if you plant your own tobacco, you’re fine. Also, tobacco is far better for you than alcohol and drugs, smoking tobacco doesn’t get you high or intoxicated.

Beatlebug

26 May 2017
9.22pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
3789sp_Permalink sp_Print

This site says otherwise.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

27 May 2017
9.08am
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5777

@Dark Overlord Nowhere Man was not the first top ten song to not be about Love. One example of a precursor is I Get Around from 1964, or any early Beach Boys hits that are about fun in the sun. You say only the love songs are remembered, I disagree. It is the music about cars and surfing that you mostly hear by them nowadays. 

Another misconception: tobacco definitely intoxicates you. That is why it is so addictive, because even without additives like nicotine people keep smoking to chase the buzz that comes with it. 

The following people thank sir walter raleigh for this post:

Beatlebug

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

27 May 2017
9.41am
Necko
Earth
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8043
3791sp_Permalink sp_Print

Dark Overlord said
Also, tobacco is far better for you than alcohol and drugs, smoking tobacco doesn’t get you high or intoxicated.  

That’s just flat-out untrue. Tobacco has psychoactive effects, it’s just that one builds up a tolerance to them very quickly. 

I'm Necko.  I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.

I'm also ewe2 on weekends.

Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017. 

27 May 2017
9.52am
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
3792sp_Permalink sp_Print

I thought that tobacco was relaxing, like a 45 year old man sitting on his chair with some tobacco in his pipe.

1950s-man-sitting-in-chair-in-living-room-smoking-pipe-reading-paper-AAMRWM.jpgImage Enlarger

Also, Starr Shine?, how do you know that is real and not just made up. Although there is lots of useful information on the internet, there is also quite a lot of false information due to the fact that anyone can make a webpage.

To show you an example, I will write a scientific article:

According to new scientific data, we have found out that eating soap can make you live longer, here’s why:

Remember that time you were 4 years old and out of curiosity decided to lick the bar of soap that you used to wash your hands with, I sure know I do, but did you know that consuming soap actually increases your life.

You see, soap contains chemicals that help remove bacteria from inside your body that could otherwise be prevent you from living to 100, this happens due to a process called processing and digestion. When you eat something, your body process and digests the food in your stomach and turns it into waste, whether it be urine or feces, but there’s more to it. If you’ve ever used a blender, you will notice that it mixes everything into a liquid, your stomach does the same thing, so consuming soap would actually clean out your stomach, removing all of the unwanted grease and fat from your stomach. But don’t take my word for it, listen to my friend Joe who has been eating soap every day for over a month.

Yes it’s true, eating soap has really helped me out. First of all, I feel healthier since I started eating soap, my body feels really clean and I feel very energetic. Also, it helps you lose weight. Before I started eating soap, I weighed 295 pounds, now I weigh only 230 and I can still eat 2 large Big Mac meals every day. Finally, it has made me happier. Before, I always felt pissed off, I would regularly punch holes into my wall and my girlfriends kept breaking up with me because I would beat them up when I was in a bad mood but ever since I started eating soap, I have only punched 1 hole in my wall and I can now go on dates without punching somebody.

So the next time you’re around a bar of soap, take a bite out of it, you’ll thank me later at your 100th birthday party.

The Hole Got Fixed, Beatlebug

27 May 2017
4.26pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
3793sp_Permalink sp_Print

That ‘scientific article’ was absolutely hilarious! Thanks for a good laugh, @Dark Overlord!

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

Dark Overlord, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

aus-flag-v-small.png

27 May 2017
4.53pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
3794sp_Permalink sp_Print

This one has been bothering me for awhile and it’s about modern math.

I really hate that nowadays in math, they want you to use . for multiplication. According to them, the reason they want you to use . is because using x could get confusing, how ironic. First of all, there are better alternatives to using x rather than . why not use * or (). Also, what looks the most confusing to you:

2×5=10

2*5=10

2.5=10

2(5)=10

If you said the dot, then I don’t blame you, 2.5 looks like 2½ to me, looks nothing like 10. If I saw a food truck and it said I could get 5 hot dogs for $2.5 and he told me “that will be $10”, I would get pretty pissed off at him, I wonder if you non-American people have to deal with this rubbish.

Another quick one, in an episode of King Of The Hill, Hank says “I can’t bring a propane tank on a plane but this old lady gets to bring an oxygen tank”. This really bothers me because he’s comparing something someone needs to live to something that is very dangerous to have on a plane. This would be fine if this was coming from the mouth of somebody who is supposed to be stupid and dumb like Homer Simpson but this is Hank Hill, someone who is supposed to be a stereotypical working man in his early 40’s who always tries to do what he feels is right and has exceptional pride for his country and wants to be the perfect American, this isn’t someone who makes comments like this, it’s just such a stupid thing to have a character like Hank say.

Beatlebug

27 May 2017
4.55pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
3795sp_Permalink sp_Print

You got any sourses for your claim Dark Overlord?

27 May 2017
5.09pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
3796sp_Permalink sp_Print

I think 2.5=10 is only in America. That would be the worst thing ever… what’s wrong with x?

aus-flag-v-small.png

27 May 2017
5.42pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
3797sp_Permalink sp_Print

Starr Shine? said
You got any sourses for your claim Dark Overlord?  

In the article, my friend Joe would be a source, a source who stated that ever since he started eating soap, he felt healthier and more energetic, he lost 65 pounds in a month, he has been happier, and his anger issues have significantly reduced.

As for tobacco not being bad for you, here is a claims from a source:

Uncyclopedia said
Smoking is the only known cure for Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and some minor forms of dementia. Many studies have also found that smokers have a 70% higher rate of lung cancer survival.

Also, doctors recommend cigarettes.

camel2_250_324_37712.jpgImage Enlarger

camels_fresh_blue2.jpgImage Enlarger

And The Flintstones, best known for their cereal and vitamins, encourage it as well.

27 May 2017
5.43pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
3798sp_Permalink sp_Print

…you do know that Uncyclopedia is satirical and completely made up, don’t you?

aus-flag-v-small.png

27 May 2017
6.22pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
3799sp_Permalink sp_Print

Did you actually read my sourse? And if you did, did you dismiss it off hand due to the fact that it aruges agienst your pre-established beliefs on the matter?

The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:

Dark Overlord

27 May 2017
6.29pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
3800sp_Permalink sp_Print

I do know that Uncyclopedia is completely made up, that’s why I used it as a reference because it’s funny to use Uncyclopedia as a reference, I wonder what would happen if I used them as a reference in a public school.

Starr Shine? your 2nd guess is correct, I love to believe in my pre-established beliefs and I will try to find reasons as to why they are true and if I can’t find any, I’ll change my opinion.

Here’s a quick pet peeve, my back really hurts right now.

The Hole Got Fixed

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5510
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691