Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Pet Peeves
21 May 2017
11.07am
Evangeline
1334 North Beechwood Drive
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1808
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3761sp_Permalink sp_Print

Dark Overlord said
As for the claim about God , The Bible says a lot of things, some that contradict each other. The Bible says that God created good and evil.  

He did. If he didn’t, everyone around him would all be good and it wouldn’t be a challenge to never sin. So when he created evil, it was to uncover all those whole loved and believed him, even against death, and all the draws of sin.

I am you as you are you as you are you and you are all together. 

21 May 2017
11.23am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
3762sp_Permalink sp_Print

If you belive god to be omnipotant and omniscient then tests are pointless cause the results sre already known so it is just needless suffering.

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

21 May 2017
11.26am
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4470
3763sp_Permalink sp_Print

Evangeline said
He did. If he didn’t, everyone around him would all be good and it wouldn’t be a challenge to never sin. So when he created evil, it was to uncover all those whole loved and believed him, even against death, and all the draws of sin.  

That’s a stupid thing to do.

If you're reading this, you are looking for something to do.

22 May 2017
5.41am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24960

If you make someone love you and they have no choice there is no love, it is forced. It has to be that person’s choice. So there has to be good and bad, it’s easy to love someone when everything is going well, it’s when it’s going wrong and is hard going that it’s tested.

I was asked to sit in a Christian ‘Recovery’ meeting two weeks ago. The premise is fine but what bugged me is that regardless of the issues anyone is facing the answer is pre-determined – say yes to Jesus. As if that is going to fix it. Have a chat, say yes, and you’re off on the path to a great life. 

Oh and Christian preachers on the streets who proclaim people are sinners and going to Hell if you don’t accept Jesus. Go away and get a better way of presenting the message.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Beatlebug, Dark Overlord, WeepingAtlasCedars, BeatleSnut

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

22 May 2017
6.39am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
3765sp_Permalink sp_Print

I don’t like it when people apply their religon to others.

Like that preacher who claims that people who belive diffrently will go to hell.

I think religon is a personal thing and everyone in the world has their own beliefs that are on them.

Sally’s beliefs are not Joey’s so he shouldn’t be judged by Sally’s belief system.

The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:

Beatlebug, Martha, Dark Overlord, WeepingAtlasCedars, BeatleSnut, 50yearslate

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

22 May 2017
9.30am
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
3766sp_Permalink sp_Print

It really pisses me off as well when people try to shove their religion down your throat, especially parents. My father is a devout protestant, ironically from a devout catholic family, and he believes that if the bible says it’s wrong, it’s wrong. For example, he believes being gay is a sin and won’t let me do anything feminine, such as shave my legs or wear makeup, he even refuses to wear pink because he thinks it’s girly. Also, he thinks that if you’re not a Christian, you’re going to rot in hell. Before everyone starts thinking that my dad is a shitty person, he’s not, he’s a really nice and caring person and teaches me a lot of stuff about computers, I just hate that he tries to shove Christianity down my throat.

In reality, whether or not you believe in god shouldn’t matter, you shouldn’t try and make people feel like they’re going to rot in hell, Christians feel the same way about God and the Holy Bible that Muslims feel about Allah and the Quran or Buddhists feel the Dhali Lama and meditation. I like what Starr Shine? said in the philosophy thread, religion is like a placebo, it makes you feel like there’s no wrong answer.

I personally believe life is like Groundhog Day, in that when you die, you are conceived again and then born around the same time and will live another life, this time slightly different. For example, if I die, I will go back to being a fetus in 1998 and will be born again, but this time it may be in February 1999 instead of March and I will live a different life and this happens infinitely.

The following people thank Dark Overlord for this post:

Martha

22 May 2017
8.32pm
William Shears Campbell
Somewhere In The Black Mountain Hills Of Utah
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3629
3767sp_Permalink sp_Print

It’s been a while(at least it feels that way) since I’ve posted about a legit pet peeve that I have.

So this time it’s people who can’t read, comprehend, and follow directions, and if they don’t know what something is they don’t ask for clarification and instead do the opposite of what the directions said. That got a bit specific, but let me explain the situation.

(In spoilers due to it being rather long)

So I mentioned the senior roast and toast dinner thing that my ward does every year, and how each senior has a slide show with a song and what not in the Impossible to Derail thread. So I’m in charge of making all the slide show videos, which I don’t have a problem with, and I don’t mean to brag but I make them look rather nice.

So this will be my third(and probably last due to me leaving) year of making the videos. The first year I was given a jumpdrive with everything laid out and organized, and so all I needed to do was put the videos together.

Last year the parents/sieniors just emailed me the pictures, without someone organizing everything before hand, so I had to organize all the pictures and then make the videos, which was a struggle.

So this year the patents/sieniors emailed me the pictures, but I put specific directions on how many pictures, and the order and what not so that I could just plug the pictures into the video and go. The directions were pretty clear, but someone is bound to not follow them, even in a group of 4 seniors including me.

So one of the directions is that the last picture needed to be a PORTAIT ORIENTED senior picture to use as the picture on the DVD of the video that they get, as well as their senior display thing at the dinner.

But this kid

This kid(senior, not a parent) sends me her pictures, and her senior picture is LANDSCAPE. A tad bit annoying, so I go to crop it so that its portrait, but the resolution on the picture is so low, that when it is cropped to be portrait it’s super blurry.

So I text her and ask her for a larger resolution image….she sends me that same exact picture. I then ask if she has a portrait oriented senior pic. She proceedes to send me 4 BLOODY LANDSCAPE PUCTURES that have the same problem as the first I repeat the request for portait oriented pictures, and she replies with “Right. How do I send them so they are portrait oriented”.

The wise words of George run through my head…”Beating my head on a brick wall, hard like a stone”

Then I explain to her what a portrait oriented picture is, and tells me how the photographer didn’t take any, so she guesses that she’ll just have a blurry senior pic.

Whatever

I’m so done with this person more so than I would be, since she’s done other things that have ticked me off this year.

The following people thank William Shears Campbell for this post:

WeepingAtlasCedars, Dark Overlord, Beatlebug

Here | There | Everywhere

It's ya boi!  The one and only Billy Shears (AKA Paul's Replacement)

"Sometimes I wish I was just George Harrison" - John Lennon

22 May 2017
8.55pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
3768sp_Permalink sp_Print

Reminds me of my pet peeve of people making videos in portrait and uploading to Youtube and I’m like “turn your camera sideways”

Videos aren’t pictures and on a computer, the landscape is the way to do videos.

The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:

William Shears Campbell, Von Bontee, WeepingAtlasCedars, Beatlebug

22 May 2017
9.47pm
William Shears Campbell
Somewhere In The Black Mountain Hills Of Utah
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3629
3769sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Starr Shine? said
Reminds me of my pet peeve of people making videos in portrait and uploading to Youtube and I’m like “turn your camera sideways”

Videos aren’t pictures and on a computer, the landscape is the way to do videos.  

Agreed, but this is a collection of still images, so being portrait isn’t a big deal.

Here | There | Everywhere

It's ya boi!  The one and only Billy Shears (AKA Paul's Replacement)

"Sometimes I wish I was just George Harrison" - John Lennon

22 May 2017
10.53pm
Von Bontee
496 km NW of the '69 Toronto Rock n Roll Revival
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5456
3770sp_Permalink sp_Print

Starr Shine? said

Indeed, unless the cameraperson is a mutant with eyes arranged vertically

Or unless in homage to 2001: A Space Odyssey

The following people thank Von Bontee for this post:

William Shears Campbell, Necko

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

23 May 2017
8.27am
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
3771sp_Permalink sp_Print

The fact that vintage technology is more fun to learn about than modern technology, why are vinyl records, 8 tracks, reel to reel tapes, cassettes, film reels, Commodore 64, MS-DOS, ZX Spectrum, and various other vintage things more fun to learn about than newer, more advance technology, whenever I go on Wikipedia or watch a video about vintage technology, it always makes me wish I was alive back then and as fun as it is to imagine, it’s sad when you realize the truth.

23 May 2017
8.35am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221
3772sp_Permalink sp_Print

Toilet paper rolls (loo rolls) that are hard to get started.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Beatlebug
23 May 2017
2.41pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7583
3773sp_Permalink sp_Print

Fucking France and their casual sexual harassment. 

An hour ago I was walking on the Promenade in Nice and some guy my age came up to me and thought I was Russian. So he started speaking in Russian to me, then said “you speak French?” (from this point on all of the dialogue is in French). Of course, I was noping the hell out of there and ignored him, didn’t look in his eyes whatever. Eventually he came up to me as if to touch me or some shit and I said quite loudly “I swear to God , fuck off!”. 

He had this little shit-eating smirk and I sped away to where the zebra-crossing back to my place is. Obviously, I didn’t want him to know where I lived, and my way home is through some generally-empty streets so I stood beside a railing, crossed my arms and waited for him to walk past. He came up to me again and said “why are you not talking to me? Come on!”. I told him “I’m not an object, now leave me the fuck alone!”. Then I swear to God he did the ‘look-up, look-down’ move all with this stupid grin on his face. I practically yelled at him “Jesus Christ, what is wrong with you!?!”. 

I then went over to some seats and sat next to a woman waiting for him to get the message and realise I didn’t want to have sex with him, and he came up to me AGAIN! I screamed at him “I AM NOT INTERESTED IN YOU” and he finally walked off. 

The thing is soldiers are walking the Prom now because of all of the tension at the minute, and there was a female soldier in the patrol. I would have fucking loved if she was around when this creep came up to me. 

And the thing is, somebody is going to say “oh but not all men are like that”, and “it just doesn’t happen in France” but I have never, ever had such continuous harassment in a country as I have in France.

In Germany they stare and back home I rarely ever get catcalled. It makes you feel like it’s you who is at fault for attracting attention to yourself but he can jog on for all I care, I’m still going to wear the same clothes I wear now, have my hair the same way I do, whatever. It’s just such a shame that I can’t go out ONCE, just once in France without some man trying to get me into bed (this isn’t an ‘oh I’m so pretty’ post btw, I’m riddled in mosquito bites at the mo and I don’t know how anyone can find massive red splotches on my face and arms attractive).

There are such utter misunderstanding pricks in the world

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

23 May 2017
3.35pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3774sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sadly there are a number of creepy arseholes in the world. A quick hard kick or knee to his bollocks would have given him the message to fuck off and done so many a favour.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

23 May 2017
3.56pm
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5789
3775sp_Permalink sp_Print

I don’t get that kind of thing. I can barely muster up the courage to approach girls that I know from school at a party, much less make a fourth advance on a complete stranger who is making it crystal clear that she wants me gone. 

The following people thank sir walter raleigh for this post:

Beatlebug, William Shears Campbell, WeepingAtlasCedars

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

23 May 2017
4.44pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
3776sp_Permalink sp_Print

I say the best thing to do is say something creepy and unexpected to them.

I took defense class and that is one thing they recommend doing.

23 May 2017
7.38pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
3777sp_Permalink sp_Print

You could try telling them that you’re a lesbian and you aren’t into men, it’s a gamble though because although it could drive some men away, there are some men that really like girls who are into girls, I never realized how perverted Frenchmen could be. You attire could turn them towards or away from you as well, you’ll want to wear clothes that don’t show off or emphasize any areas that could be sexually arousing to men, the most notable ones being breasts, buttocks, legs, and feet, so knowing what you were wearing would really help.

23 May 2017
8.29pm
Evangeline
1334 North Beechwood Drive
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1808
3778sp_Permalink sp_Print

Dark Overlord said
You could try telling them that you’re a lesbian and you aren’t into men, it’s a gamble though because although it could drive some men away, there are some men that really like girls who are into girls, I never realized how perverted Frenchmen could be. You attire could turn them towards or away from you as well, you’ll want to wear clothes that don’t show off or emphasize any areas that could be sexually arousing to men, the most notable ones being breasts, buttocks, legs, and feet, so knowing what you were wearing would really help.  

Hahahaha. Definitely gotta never wear sandals again.

The following people thank Evangeline for this post:

Dark Overlord, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

I am you as you are you as you are you and you are all together. 

24 May 2017
2.50pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3779sp_Permalink sp_Print

Workplace conversations and people’s need to avoid silence by talking total bullshit.

If the option is talking shit to fill the silence and ease your discomfort or shutting the hell up until there is something to say then bring a book or go find something else to do. 

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Evangeline, Beatlebug, BeatleSnut, WeepingAtlasCedars

24 May 2017
3.16pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
3780sp_Permalink sp_Print

Depression and mental instability. I’ll be honest, I feel like shit today and am really pissed off and it’s due to these 2 things. Nothing worse than being depressed, whether it’s because something bad happened in your life or if you’re like me and feel like you wasted your whole life and want it back, having OCD and behavior issues doesn’t help it at all and being on this website is the only thing keeping me from going completely insane, I’m also mentally unstable, I can’t focus on anything and I feel very uncomfortable around anybody, the only thing I want to think about is The Beatles and this forum, I feel like everything’s going to get worse and I hate the idea of living for another 60 years.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5518
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24960, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694