Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
22 March 2015
8.03am
Matt Busby
In the town where I was born
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 932
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Necko said
Ever since I typed “short of breath” on these forums, I’ve been getting ads left and right from WebMD.

You can keep up with them to some extent by deleting bad cookies, like trackers or adware, probably through your browsers options and/or settings. It’s pretty easy to recognize bad ones by their names. And there is often a setting to not allow any cookies without asking,but there are enough good ones that OK’ing every good one is cumbersome, and you probably want some good cookies, for example ones that store your uid for a site.

And just to get slightly back on topic, my primary dx is rhabdomyolysis – more on that after I see doc and get a lab test back.

Ps ignore the smileys that appear on my phone posts of they’re a couple lines down….haven’t totally got the hang of cutting text in Android.

The following people thank Matt Busby for this post:

trcanberra

Half of what I say is meaningless...

I feel good in a special way, I'm in love and it's a sunny day

BeatlesBible.com earns royalties if you use these links when shopping: Amazon | iTunes

22 March 2015
2.59pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22240
2642sp_Permalink sp_Print

I hope they have some medicine or a treatment plan for you, @Matt Busby.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Matt Busby
22 March 2015
4.41pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
2643sp_Permalink sp_Print

Silly Girl said
Spent most of the day making a dress for a dance I’m going to in a few weeks. It’s a sort of medieval fairy thing, with a slim bodice and leaf/petal things for the skirt. We’ve encountered a few hiccups, but it’s coming together. :D  

My eyes are gritty– I’m going to bed. 

ahdn_george_05*zzzzzzzzzz* 

Make sure to take a picture when it’s finished, I’m very curious, it sounds cool!

@meanmistermustard Noel, not Liam. Wouldn’t go anywhere near a Liam gig, not even for free. Yuck. Beady Eye? Would never have gone. 

Wow, take it easy people. Health is important and you should just warn someone or see a doctor when something is wrong. It’s important to do something about it as soon as possible, as I have experienced with my grandma. Don’t be ashamed and don’t think you can solve it yourself. If you need help, you need help. If it gets worse, they will have to be there for you anyway, so you better go see someone to prevent that from happening! It’s good to hear some of you are in good hands now, and I hope they will find out what’s wrong exactly, and that everyone will be jumping around again soon!

The following people thank Linde for this post:

Beatlebug, parlance
22 March 2015
4.54pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964
2644sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ack.a-hard-days-night-paul-3 I’m always getting the Gallagher brothers names wrong, i try to work it out by which one is the prat.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

parlance

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

23 March 2015
3.06pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
2645sp_Permalink sp_Print

This morning, I was tuning my guitar a whole step down to have a bash at “Yesterday “, and as I was doing the high E, it snapped. a-hard-days-night-paul-4paul-mccartney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a-hard-days-night-ringo-14

I think I made some ejaculation of “Bloody hell!” and I’m fortunate nothing worse than that came out, as Little Child (my sister) was standing by. Well, I needed new strings anyway; now I’ll have an even better reason for my mum driving me all the way up to the guitar shop. ahdn_paul_01We can probably go the day after tomorrow. One-and-a-half days without playing guitar; I think I’ll survive. 

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

23 March 2015
3.58pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2646sp_Permalink sp_Print

I got a new pair of glasses today. A new pair always take a bit of getting used to.a-hard-days-night-john-3 I’ve gotten favorable comments from my co-workers so far.

parlance, trcanberra
23 March 2015
4.29pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
2647sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
I got a new pair of glasses today. A new pair always take a bit of getting used to.a-hard-days-night-john-3 I’ve gotten favorable comments from my co-workers so far.

Nice. I find the world looks different if you have had a big change in lens prescription.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

23 March 2015
4.40pm
StarrisonSubmarine
Cheshire, UK
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 166
2648sp_Permalink sp_Print

Still being turned down left right and centre for jobs. It’s so annoying. Everything is apprenticeships now. When I was leaving college they wouldn’t stop pushing the idea of University onto us. “Go to University!” They would cry, “further your education! Get a brilliant job! Better than those who don’t University!”

Now I’ve graduated, the cry has changed to “Apprenticeships are the key! Get into any business with an apprenticeship!” which you cannot do if you have a degree. They look for experience if you have a degree, which I don’t have, since all the way through uni people at home wouldn’t hire me as I would be going back to Derby and people at Uni wouldn’t hire me because I would end up going back home to Chester. 

Just as frustrating as can’t afford a car until I get a job, most jobs want you to have a car. 

And people wonder why I sometimes just don’t want to bother facing the world most days. Oh joy. Another day being told I’m not employable, not being able to afford going anywhere and just shuffling around the house while all my friends actually have jobs and lives. 

tumblr_mces572Eol1qft6pz.gif"Y'know" - Paul McCartney

23 March 2015
4.45pm
Beatlebug

Moderators

I was just about to wonder where you’d gone, @StarrisonSubmarine! 

I hope you find something soon. It sounds like a vicious cycle: no job, no car. No car, no job. paul-mccartney

By the way, I like the new signature. The quote goes well with the gif. a-hard-days-night-paul-8

EDIT: 

Out of college, money spent, 

See no future, pay no rent, 

All the money’s gone, nowhere to go. 

Any job, hit the sack, 

Monday morning, turning back, 

Yellow lorry slow, nowhere to go.

Not exactly a magic feelin’. a-hard-days-night-paul-3

([{BRACKETS!}])
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png

23 March 2015
4.47pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
2650sp_Permalink sp_Print

I know what it’s like @StarrisonSubmarine , 3 degrees and out of work for too long here.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

23 March 2015
6.07pm
Matt Busby
In the town where I was born
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 932
2651sp_Permalink sp_Print

Daily update : add  shingles to the list. Not just shingles, the biggest one (6in x 2in). I’m lucky this time because it’s numb – I in fact the definite dx was made because the numbness is reaching across my chest.

Everyone say thanks to your mom if she’s still with us…there’s a rather scary chance that if my mom wasn’t here, I wouldn’t be either :(

Otherwise, the place isn’t too awful, the p people are mostly exceptional, but the spongebaths don’t do the trick – I’d kill to wash my hair good!

Thanks for all the support, hopefully I’ll get out tomorrow :)

The following people thank Matt Busby for this post:

trcanberra, Linde, Zig

Half of what I say is meaningless...

I feel good in a special way, I'm in love and it's a sunny day

BeatlesBible.com earns royalties if you use these links when shopping: Amazon | iTunes

23 March 2015
7.06pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
2652sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just won tickets for Best Kept Secret festival by sending a sad text about how my Noel Gallagher concert experience was ruined. I made a bit of an arse of myself in front of the whole country when they rang me about 20 minutes ago.

parlance, Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug
23 March 2015
7.08pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
2653sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde said
Just won tickets for Best Kept Secret festival by sending a sad text about how my Noel Gallagher concert experience was ruined. I made a bit of an arse of myself in front of the whole country when they rang me about 20 minutes ago.

Oh my – that is amazing. Here’s hoping this one works out better :)

23 March 2015
7.08pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
2654sp_Permalink sp_Print

I wonder if my classmate is going to that one. She mentioned buying tickets to some festivals and concerts back home for the summer.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

23 March 2015
7.27pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
2655sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m being duct taped to a wall.

The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:

Beatlebug

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

23 March 2015
7.31pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
2656sp_Permalink sp_Print

Annadog40 said

Deadpool is visiting??

23 March 2015
7.42pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
2657sp_Permalink sp_Print

Annadog40 posted questionably  

george-with-a-moptop1.jpgImage Enlarger

….whuuut?…. 

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

23 March 2015
7.52pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2658sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde said

I wonder if they have a recording of it. When did you realize you were on national radio, @Linde?

Wow, @Matt Busby, what can I say? I hope you get over all of this soon.

@StarrisonSubmarine, fingers crossed that a good job comes your way soon. And you, too, trc.

trcanberra, Matt Busby
23 March 2015
8.10pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
2659sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

Linde said

I wonder if they have a recording of it. When did you realize you were on national radio, @Linde?

Wow, @Matt Busby, what can I say? I hope you get over all of this soon.

@StarrisonSubmarine, fingers crossed that a good job comes your way soon. And you, too, trc.

They do, they sometimes post fragments of stupid/hilarious/awkward people, and now I’m one of them. People are now making a fool of me on Twitter too. Fantastic. I realized it from the start, but I was nervous and I started saying ”and such/and so” a lot. And now people are making fun of me because of that and my mom is in insane antagony because I said she was ”a bit older” and ”in pain”. This is one of my most embarrassing moments ever, and I’ve had quite a few.

Beatlebug, trcanberra, Matt Busby
23 March 2015
8.32pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
2660sp_Permalink sp_Print

Don’t worry – the next person they embarrass will make everyone forget about your embarrassing moment. Crap happens.
apple01apple01apple01

The following people thank Zig for this post:

Beatlebug, Matt Busby

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2862
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5520
Newest Members:
rover, rainontuesday, 9intheafternoon, NJtoTX, seo mavia
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22240, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694