Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
In My Life – what's happening in your life currently?
30 March 2015
6.49pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2721sp_Permalink sp_Print

Matt Busby said
@I’m home! Still have to lay low awhile to make sure the pneumonia is gone, shingles are still p pretty bad, and a nurse is coming out every other day or so to check on me.

Thanks to all of you (especially

@Zig) for the support.  I’ll have a lot of time on my hands so look footrests to more of my long, rambling, half meaningless, brilliantly inane posts ;)

At least you’re home! With the whole thing with my grandma and all, it made me realize how great it is to actually be in your own home when you’re sick or not functioning well. Hope you’ll be jumping around again soon!

———————————————————————-

On Friday I went out for dinner with my 2 best friends whom I hadn’t seen in a while, so that was great! :D Tomorrow I’m going to this special florist in town with my brother, to find something nice for my mom who will be a Sarah this Wednesday! Going out for dinner that night as well. My brother and I are paying for it. We also have another big gift for her. Money just flew away this month, but I hope she’ll like it.

The following people thank Linde for this post:

Matt Busby
30 March 2015
11.51pm
Oudis
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1491
2722sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well, in case somebody is interested, last week I finished my first oil painting. It’s a semi-abstract composition (you can see the animals there, but the approach isn’t naturalistic) in reds, browns and grays, and it’s not very big –but in my modest opinion it’s beautiful. I was heavily influenced by a Max Ernst etching, the lower part of my painting is almost a copy, albeit with a different color treatment. The oil is drying now, perhaps in a few months I’ll frame it and hang it. So that’s all folks. Oudis.

The following people thank Oudis for this post:

Beatlebug, Getting_Better, trcanberra, Matt Busby, AbbeyRoadRage

Forsan et haec olim meminisse juvabit” (“Perhaps one day it will be a pleasure to look back on even this”; Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 1, line 203, where Aeneas says this to his men after the shipwreck that put them on the shores of Africa)

30 March 2015
11.55pm
Getting_Better
Only place that he's ever been
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 106

StarrisonSubmarine said

Ahhh Girl said 

@StarrisonSubmarine, fingers crossed that a good job comes your way soon. And you, too, trc.

Thanks. Had yet another two rejections One for a pet store too! I’d stop going, but it’s the place we get the rabbit food from and the only place we can find the dogs food. Blimmin picky pets ey? 
In other news, I’m starting to consider leaving the forum. I don’t really offer anything of quality or worth reading. It seems every other post I make is pointless, moronic or even just repeating what others have said a few months/years ago, and I can’t seem to get most things in the right place. 

When you have something to say @StarrisonSubmarine , it’s your thought, even if it has been repeated for centuries. Your thoughts are unique in that they come from your unique perspective, even if you say the same thing as the guy next to you. Repeating something simply means that you think in a similar way that someone else is thinking. That’s a *good* thing. Striving to be entirely unique in everything makes one a Nowhere Man . It’s the wisdom of the Beatles and they came up with it based on experience and thinking… even though they were not the first to discover it, right? But they *did* it themselves, and that’s what matters.

I’m going to cut the ramble now, promise.

What’s happening in my life? Oh I don’t know. I think I’m still working on figuring out how to keep my physical existence. Feeling useless is crap, but then it won’t be something to stick around with me, I’m not like that, I hope. I’ll pull through.

Ooooh @Oudis will you show it to us somehow? 

By the way, a vast number of outstanding paintings are small format, you know Mona Lisa? ;)

The following people thank Getting_Better for this post:

Oudis, Beatlebug

There's nothing you can see that isn't shown.

30 March 2015
11.55pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24964

@Linde, what is “a Sarah”?

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Beatlebug, UnidentifiedFiendishThingy, Matt Busby

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

31 March 2015
3.47am
HongKongLady
Oz
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1640

Repeating is a part of story, if you want to listen more the song you have to repeat because you like it, of course we want Something new and Something different but once we heard the new  story and the new song then we are feel bored we don’t like it,, then we realized the old song and the old story is more nice, then we want more to listen and repeat again, 

The following people thank HongKongLady for this post:

trcanberra, Getting_Better
31 March 2015
12.27pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
2726sp_Permalink sp_Print

But then you keep getting stuck in the old song then you don’t learn. Eventually you gotta make that leap and try something new sometimes. It may be harder since the old song is safe and the new song can be good or bad but you won’t know until you try.

The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:

trcanberra, Matt Busby, HongKongLady

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

31 March 2015
12.37pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2727sp_Permalink sp_Print

Today weather wise so far we have had:

• Sunny (with bright blue skies and very calm)
  • Rain (with very dark skies)
  • Hail
  • Snow (which it is currently)
  • Sleet
  • High Winds

and its not even 1pm.

trcanberra, Matt Busby, Beatlebug

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

31 March 2015
12.47pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
2728sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

• Hail
            • Sleet
              • High Winds

and its not even 1pm.

That is like the weather where I live a few days ago

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

31 March 2015
              1.07pm
              Matt Busby
              In the town where I was born
              Shea Stadium
              Members
              Forum Posts: 932

Annadog40 said
              But then you keep getting stuck in the old song then you don’t learn. Eventually you gotta make that leap and try something new sometimes. It may be harder since the old song is safe and the new song can be good or bad but you won’t know until you try.

But it doesn’t have to be ‘new’ new.  It could be small band swing->bebop transition jazz (like, benny goodman’s trios/quartets/quintets), if you’ve never gotten into it.  Or classic country.  Or early punk.  Or even (dare I say it?) modern boy band pop…(nah, I probably shouldn’t have said it…but if that’s what you’re into :)

My outlook is, the more I know of the history, the better qualified I am to critique the new (and to recognize history repeating itself), and people crediting the 369ith cover of a song, which happened to chart 25 years after the original spent 2 weeks at #1), to the later performers as authors rather than the actual writers). For example the famous Aerosmith song Come Together a-hard-days-night-john-1 But I feel I am the preacher and y’all are the choir ;)

The following people thank Matt Busby for this post:

trcanberra, vonbontee

Half of what I say is meaningless...

I feel good in a special way, I'm in love and it's a sunny day

BeatlesBible.com earns royalties if you use these links when shopping: Amazon | iTunes

31 March 2015
              4.45pm
              Beatleva
              In my life
              Hollywood Bowl
              Members
              Forum Posts: 672
              2730sp_Permalink sp_Print

I just got back from horse riding and the lesson went well, I’m starting to learn how to jump, which is pretty cool. Only at the end of the lesson when we were riding back to the stables, the horse in front of me got scared of something, which also scared my horse, so he ran off, and I fell. It was pretty terrifying because I’ve only ever fallen off a horse once, and that time I broke my arm. Luckily this time I didn’t break anything, just my back is a bit sore and I have multiple bruises.

Anyway, apart from that, in my life: I’ve got important exams coming up in two weeks, so I’m studying hard and slightly starting to stress.

The following people thank Beatleva for this post:

Matt Busby, Beatlebug
              31 March 2015
              5.48pm
              georgiewood
              In my tree
              Hollywood Bowl
              Members
              Forum Posts: 792
              2731sp_Permalink sp_Print

If any of your exams are for English classes, I think you will do just fine. a-hard-days-night-john-1

The following people thank georgiewood for this post:

Beatleva, Beatlebug

I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did'.
              Kurt Vonnegut, Timequake, 1997

31 March 2015
              5.48pm
              HongKongLady
              Oz
              Candlestick Park
              Members
              Forum Posts: 1640
              2732sp_Permalink sp_Print

Its pity and sad the real one thread will be close, but I understand joe just wanted to clear up the forums, and I would like to thanks to all of you guys,the real one makes a lots of fun,!! 

The following people thank HongKongLady for this post:

Getting_Better, trcanberra, Beatlebug
              31 March 2015
              6.00pm
              AppleScruffJunior
              Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
              Apple rooftop
              Reviewers

Members
              Forum Posts: 7583
              2733sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

• Hail
                        • Sleet
                          • High Winds

and its not even 1pm.

Aww we haven’t got snow :(

It’s currently sunny but in about 10 minutes or so it’ll probably start raining again.
                          Cool Temperate Oceanic Climate FTW!

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

31 March 2015
                          6.40pm
                          meanmistermustard
                          Members

Reviewers

Moderators
                          2734sp_Permalink sp_Print

Beatleva said
                          I just got back from horse riding and the lesson went well, I’m starting to learn how to jump, which is pretty cool. Only at the end of the lesson when we were riding back to the stables, the horse in front of me got scared of something, which also scared my horse, so he ran off, and I fell. It was pretty terrifying because I’ve only ever fallen off a horse once, and that time I broke my arm. Luckily this time I didn’t break anything, just my back is a bit sore and I have multiple bruises.

Anyway, apart from that, in my life: I’ve got important exams coming up in two weeks, so I’m studying hard and slightly starting to stress.

I learnt to jump when i was small. Dont do it much now but you never lose it.

Glad to hear you are ok after your fall. Can be quite serious can falling off a horse. You need to get right back on it.

Beatleva

31 March 2015
                          7.43pm
                          Linde
                          The Netherlands
                          Rishikesh
                          Members
                          Forum Posts: 2781
                          2735sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
                          @@Linde, what is “a Sarah”?

Oh of course, you probably don’t have that expression in English! Well, when someone turns 50 over here, we say they have seen either a Sarah or an Abraham. After Sarah and Abraham from the Bible. I have no idea why though. I’m trying to look that up. Might ask someone who’s religious tomorrow.

Anyway, they often put a doll of either of those in the front garden or hang a huge banner with some stupid poem on the house. I think the banners are tacky and the dolls are scary. 

Btw, the weather over here was ridiculous as well. Hail, rain, very heavy wind. The wind actually blew me against a wall. 

@Oudis Any possibility we could see the painting? It sounds wonderful.

The following people thank Linde for this post:

Oudis, Beatlebug
                          31 March 2015
                          8.28pm
                          meanmistermustard
                          Members

Reviewers

Moderators
                          2736sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks @Linde. Sounds a strange thing to do but then us Scots stand when a haggis enters a room before reading it some poetry (only on Burns Night as if thats a decent excuse).

Beatlebug

31 March 2015
                          8.33pm
                          Starr Shine?
                          Waiting in the sky
                          Apple rooftop
                          Members
                          2737sp_Permalink sp_Print

Linde said

Oh of course, you probably don’t have that expression in English! Well, when someone turns 50 over here, we say they have seen either a Sarah or an Abraham. After Sarah and Abraham from the Bible. I have no idea why though. I’m trying to look that up. Might ask someone who’s religious tomorrow.

It is because they are old. Abraham was 100 when Isaac was born (I am not sure how old Sarah is but she was old) and in the early days of genesis, everyone lived for a long time. Noah was 500 when the flood hit. 

The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:

Getting_Better

31 March 2015
                          8.57pm
                          Getting_Better
                          London Palladium
                          Members
                          2738sp_Permalink sp_Print

Annadog40 said

And still, while the song remains the same old song, we ourselves change with each new one. Makes old songs new again, as in, we comprehend them differently. And books. And poems.

Y’know. 

Beatlebug, Matt Busby

31 March 2015
                          9.36pm
                          Oudis
                          Candlestick Park
                          Members
                          Forum Posts: 1491

Getting_Better said
                          Ooooh @Oudis will you show it to us somehow? 

By the way, a vast number of outstanding paintings are small format, you know Mona Lisa? ;)

Linde said
                          @Oudis Any possibility we could see the painting? It sounds wonderful.L

@Getting_Better, @Linde 

Thanks for your interest. I guess I could try to scan it -but then again it’s too big for that. And anyways the pain is still fresh, and oil takes months to dry…

EDIT: Did you notice I wrote “the PAIN is still fresh”, not PAINT? A Freudian slip I guess…

Forsan et haec olim meminisse juvabit” (“Perhaps one day it will be a pleasure to look back on even this”; Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 1, line 203, where Aeneas says this to his men after the shipwreck that put them on the shores of Africa)

31 March 2015
                          9.38pm
                          Getting_Better
                          London Palladium
                          Members
                          2740sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Oudis I can wait months ;) I’ll find a way back on the internet even if they evict me ;)

Oudis, Ahhh Girl

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
                          Most Users Ever Online: 700
                          Currently Online: PauliesGirl, Beatlebug, Sea Belt
                          Guest(s) 2
                          Currently Browsing this Page:
                          1 Guest(s)
                          Top Posters:
                          Starr Shine?: 16105
                          Ron Nasty: 12534
                          Zig: 9832
                          50yearslate: 8759
                          Necko: 8043
                          AppleScruffJunior: 7583
                          parlance: 7111
                          mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
                          Mr. Kite: 6147
                          trcanberra: 6064
                          Member Stats:
                          Guest Posters: 88
                          Members: 2862
                          Moderators: 5
                          Admins: 1
                          Forum Stats:
                          Groups: 3
                          Forums: 44
                          Topics: 5520
                          Newest Members:
                          rover, rainontuesday, 9intheafternoon, NJtoTX, seo mavia
                          Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22240, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
                          Administrators: Joe: 5694