Studio Two, EMI Studios, Abbey Road
Producer: George Martin
It took place from 2.30-5.30pm at Studio Two, Abbey Road. Starr re-recorded his vocals for both songs, and ‘Let The Rest Of The World Go By’ was mixed in stereo from 5.30-6pm.
The mix was not used, however, and both songs were given new stereo mixes on 20 February 1970.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live: Sunrise Theater, Fort Pierce, Florida
- 1974: UK single release: Jet by Paul McCartney and Wings
- 1972: Wings live: Salford University
- 1970: Recording, mixing: It Don’t Come Easy by Ringo Starr
- 1965: Recording, mixing: Ticket To Ride, Another Girl, I Need You, Yes It Is, You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away, The Night Before, You Like Me Too Much, If You’ve Got Trouble, Tell Me What You See
- 1965: Northern Songs is floated on the stock exchange
- 1964: The Beatles meet Cassius Clay
- 1963: Live: Queen’s Hall, Widnes
- 1962: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
- 1933: Yoko Ono is born
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.