Studio Two, EMI Studios, Abbey Road
Producer: George Martin
Two songs for Ringo Starr’s debut album Sentimental Journey, ‘Have I Told You Lately That I Love You’ and ‘Let The Rest Of The World Go By’, were completed during this recording session.
It took place from 2.30-5.30pm at Studio Two, Abbey Road. Starr re-recorded his vocals for both songs, and ‘Let The Rest Of The World Go By’ was mixed in stereo from 5.30-6pm.
The mix was not used, however, and both songs were given new stereo mixes on 20 February 1970.
Starr remained at EMI Studios this evening for the recording of his single ‘It Don’t Come Easy’, produced by George Martin with George Harrison directing the musicians.
Last updated: 3 August 2021
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live: Sunrise Theater, Fort Pierce, Florida
- 1974: UK single release: Jet by Paul McCartney and Wings
- 1972: Wings live: Salford University
- 1970: Recording, mixing: It Don’t Come Easy by Ringo Starr
- 1965: Recording, mixing: Ticket To Ride, Another Girl, I Need You, Yes It Is, You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away, The Night Before, You Like Me Too Much, If You’ve Got Trouble, Tell Me What You See
- 1965: Northern Songs is floated on the stock exchange
- 1964: The Beatles meet Cassius Clay
- 1963: Live: Queen’s Hall, Widnes
- 1962: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
- 1933: Yoko Ono is born
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.