On this day Yoko Ono was born in Tokyo, Japan. Her mother was Isoko Ono, the granddaughter of Zenjiro Yasuda of the Yasuda banking family, and her father was Eisuke Ono, a descendant of an Emperor of Japan.
Eisuke Ono was transferred through work to San Francisco two weeks after Yoko’s birth, and the rest of the family joined him in the USA shortly afterwards.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live at Sunrise Theater, Fort Pierce, FL, USA
- 1970: Recording, mixing: It Don’t Come Easy by Ringo Starr
- 1970: Recording, mixing: Have I Told You Lately That I Love You, Let The Rest Of The World Go By by Ringo Starr
- 1965: Recording, mixing: Ticket To Ride, Another Girl, I Need You, Yes It Is, You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away, The Night Before, You Like Me Too Much, If You’ve Got Trouble, Tell Me What You See
- 1965: Northern Songs is floated on the stock exchange
- 1964: The Beatles meet Cassius Clay
- 1963: Live: Queen’s Hall, Widnes
- 1962: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.