Musician and manager Vic Lewis held a private party at the Speakeasy in London on this night for The Monkees. The guests included John and Cynthia Lennon, Paul McCartney, Jane Asher, and George and Pattie Harrison. Ringo Starr was elsewhere.
Other guests included The Who, Eric Clapton, Manfred Mann and his band, Lulu, Procol Harum, The Fool, Micky Most, Dusty Springfield, and Peter Tork, Micky Dolenz and Mike Nesmith of The Monkees.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Ringo Starr live: Horseshoe Casino, Tunica, Mississippi
- 1969: Recording, editing: Golden Slumbers, Carry That Weight
- 1968: Recording: Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
- 1966: The Beatles arrive in Manila, Philippines
- 1965: Live: Plaza de Toros Monumental, Barcelona, Spain
- 1963: Radio: The Beat Show
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.