Harrison’s parents lived in a bungalow named Sevenoaks, which was situated on Old Pewterspear Lane in the village of Appleton Thorn, Warrington. Harrison had bought the property for his parents in 1965 after they decided to move from Liverpool.
George and Pattie returned to London on 12 July 1967.
Also on this day...
- 2018: Ringo Starr live at Rockhal, Esch-sur-Alzette, Luxembourg
- 2015: Paul McCartney live at Roskilde Festival, Denmark
- 2009: The Beatles’ former manager Allen Klein dies at 77
- 2009: McCartney publishes extended tribute to Michael Jackson
- 1969: Recording: Golden Slumbers, Carry That Weight
- 1969: UK single release: Give Peace A Chance by Plastic Ono Band
- 1968: Recording: Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
- 1966: Live: Rizal Memorial Football Stadium, Manila, Philippines
- 1965: Travel: Barcelona to London
- 1963: Editing, mixing: She Loves You, I’ll Get You
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.