The Beatles’ first recording session of 1967 saw work continue on ‘Penny Lane’.
The session began at 7pm and finished at 2.45am the following morning. Track three of the four-track tape was filled with lead vocals by Paul McCartney, and John Lennon added piano and George Harrison added lead guitar to track two.
Also on this day...
- 1970: Recording: Let It Be – The Beatles’ last recording session as a group
- 1965: Live: Another Beatles Christmas Show
- 1964: Live: The Beatles’ Christmas Show
- 1964: Radio: various interviews
- 1963: Live: Town Hall, Dingwall, Scotland
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.