All the instruments had been recorded in the earlier session, so the only overdubs needed were of vocals. Artificial double tracking was applied to these during the mono mixes, three of which was made in the evening.
The original session recording contained the “Well well well” section three times. The last of these was edited out of the final mix, reducing the running time by 41 seconds.
A different, slightly longer, mix was used for the US album Yesterday… And Today, and was made on 12 May 1966. Stereo mixes were created on 20 May.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Paul McCartney inducts Ringo Starr into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- 2014: Paul McCartney live: Estadio Centenario, Montevideo, Uruguay
- 2012: Paul McCartney live: Estadio El Campín, Bogotá, Colombia
- 1973: UK album release: 1967-1970 (Blue Album)
- 1973: UK album release: 1962-1966 (Red Album)
- 1968: Apple Corps advertises for new talent
- 1967: Mixing: Good Morning Good Morning, Only A Northern Song
- 1967: The Beatles & Co. is formed
- 1965: US single release: Ticket To Ride
- 1964: Recording: Around The Beatles
- 1963: Live: Mersey Beat Showcase, Stoke-on-Trent
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.