All the instruments had been recorded in the earlier session, so the only overdubs needed were of vocals. Artificial double tracking was applied to these during the mono mixes, three of which was made in the evening.
The mix also faded out the song early. The original recording had featured a jam which brought the song to 2'56", but 39 seconds were trimmed off for the UK mono mix.
A different, slightly longer, mix was used for the US album Yesterday... And Today, and was made on 12 May 1966. Stereo mixes were created on 20 May.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Paul McCartney inducts Ringo Starr into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- 2014: Paul McCartney live at Estadio Centenario, Montevideo, Uruguay
- 2012: Paul McCartney live at Estadio El Campín, Bogotá, Colombia
- 1968: Apple Corps advertises for new talent
- 1967: Mixing: Good Morning Good Morning, Only A Northern Song
- 1967: The Beatles & Co. is formed
- 1965: US single release: Ticket To Ride
- 1964: Recording: Around The Beatles
- 1963: Live: Mersey Beat Showcase, Stoke-on-Trent
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.