The Beatles compilation 1962-1966, also known as the Red Album, was released in the United Kingdom on 19 April 1973.
In the UK the Red Album reached number three on the official albums chart.
Remastered versions of the Red and Blue albums were reissued on 18 October 2010 (19 October in North America) as two-CD sets. The reissues included expanded booklets with new essays by Bill Flanagan, and extra photographs of The Beatles.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Paul McCartney inducts Ringo Starr into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- 2014: Paul McCartney live at Estadio Centenario, Montevideo, Uruguay
- 2012: Paul McCartney live at Estadio El Campín, Bogotá, Colombia
- 1973: UK album release: 1967-1970 (Blue Album)
- 1968: Apple Corps advertises for new talent
- 1967: Mixing: Good Morning Good Morning, Only A Northern Song
- 1967: The Beatles & Co. is formed
- 1966: Recording, mixing: Doctor Robert
- 1965: US single release: Ticket To Ride
- 1964: Recording: Around The Beatles
- 1963: Live: Mersey Beat Showcase, Stoke-on-Trent
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.