This was the second Mersey Beat Showcase, where Brian Epstein stable of performers travelled to a town or city to perform on the same bill.
The first showcase had taken place in Nottingham on 7 March 1963. This event saw The Beatles return to Kings Hall in Stoke-on-Trent for the second and final time; their previous appearance took place on 26 January.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Paul McCartney inducts Ringo Starr into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- 2014: Paul McCartney live at Estadio Centenario, Montevideo, Uruguay
- 2012: Paul McCartney live at Estadio El Campín, Bogotá, Colombia
- 1968: Apple Corps advertises for new talent
- 1967: Mixing: Good Morning Good Morning, Only A Northern Song
- 1967: The Beatles & Co. is formed
- 1966: Recording, mixing: Doctor Robert
- 1965: US single release: Ticket To Ride
- 1964: Recording: Around The Beatles
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.