The Beatles' three-day shoot on Salisbury Plain began on this day at Knighton Down in Larkhill, Wiltshire.
When they weren't outside in the cold and windy conditions, The Beatles stayed at the Antrobus Arms in Amesbury. They arrived at the hotel on the night before the shoot began, and left on the afternoon of 6 May.
Also on this day...
- 2018: Sir Paul donates Linda McCartney photographs to V&A museum
- 2012: Paul McCartney narrowly avoids helicopter disaster
- 1967: Recording: Magical Mystery Tour
- 1964: Paul McCartney, Jane Asher, Ringo Starr and Maureen Cox fly to the Virgin Islands
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.