Studio Two, EMI Studios, Abbey Road
Producer: George Martin
Engineer: Norman Smith
The final recording session for With The Beatles saw a final overdub onto ‘I Wanna Be Your Man’ and three mono mixes.
The overdub was a tambourine part (player unknown), recorded onto take 15 as take 16.
‘I Wanna Be Your Man’ was the first of the two songs to be mixed, followed by ‘Little Child’ and ‘Hold Me Tight’. The session began at 10am and finished at 1pm, after which The Beatles flew to Sweden for their first foreign tour.
Last updated: 28 June 2022
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live: Citi Performing Arts Center, Boston, Massachusetts
- 2014: Ringo Starr live: Ruth Eckerd Hall, Clearwater, Florida
- 2012: Apple Inc granted trademark for The Beatles’ Apple Corps logo
- 2010: English Heritage plaque unveiled at Lennon and Ono’s former London home
- 1980: US single release: (Just Like) Starting Over by John Lennon
- 1968: Recording: Yellow Submarine film score
- 1964: Live: Gaumont State Cinema, Kilburn, London
- 1963: Travel: London to Stockholm, Sweden
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.
It’s actually not accurate to say that the tour of Sweden was The Beatles’ first overseas, because they had previously played residencies in Hamburg, Germany.