The overdub was a tambourine part (player unknown), recorded onto take 15 as take 16.
‘I Wanna Be Your Man’ was the first of the two songs to be mixed, followed by ‘Little Child’ and ‘Hold Me Tight’. The session began at 10am and finished at 1pm, after which The Beatles flew to Sweden for their first foreign tour.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live at Citi Performing Arts Center, Boston, Massachusetts
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at Ruth Eckerd Hall, Clearwater, Florida
- 2012: Apple Inc granted trademark for The Beatles’ Apple Corps logo
- 2010: English Heritage plaque unveiled at Lennon and Ono’s former London home
- 1980: US single release: (Just Like) Starting Over by John Lennon
- 1968: Recording: Yellow Submarine film score
- 1964: Live: Gaumont State Cinema, Kilburn, London
- 1963: Travel: London to Stockholm, Sweden
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.