The Beatles’ UK tour with Tommy Roe and Chris Montez had a rest day on 10 and 11 March 1963. On this second day, however, the group made an appearance – their fourth and final one – on the Radio Luxembourg show The Friday Spectacular.
The group was interviewed at EMI House in London’s Manchester Square. The studio versions of ‘Please Please Me’ and ‘Ask Me Why’ were played in between sections of interview, and the show was broadcast from 10pm on 15 March.
Last updated: 27 October 2012
Also on this day...
- 2021: Paul McCartney announces McCartney III Imagined
- 2020: Peter Jackson’s The Beatles: Get Back set for cinema release in September 2020
- 2009: McCartney Las Vegas show sells out in seconds
- 1970: George Harrison is interviewed for the BBC’s The Beatles Today
- 1970: Recording: It Don’t Come Easy by Ringo Starr
- 1970: US single release: Let It Be
- 1969: Paul McCartney and George Harrison produce a Jackie Lomax session
- 1969: Mixing: Two Of Us, The Long And Winding Road, Lady Madonna
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1962: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Liverpool Jazz Society, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.