Olympic Sound Studios, Barnes, London
Producer: George Martin
Engineer: Glyn Johns
This was the second mixing session for the unreleased Get Back album, which Glyn Johns had been asked to compile by John Lennon and Paul McCartney early in March 1969.
Stereo mixes of three songs from the January 1969 Get Back/Let It Be recording sessions at Apple Studios were made on this day at London’s Olympic Sound Studios. They were of ‘Two Of Us’, ‘The Long And Winding Road’, and ‘Lady Madonna’.
Last updated: 7 July 2022
Also on this day...
- 2021: Paul McCartney announces McCartney III Imagined
- 2020: Peter Jackson’s The Beatles: Get Back set for cinema release in September 2020
- 2009: McCartney Las Vegas show sells out in seconds
- 1970: George Harrison is interviewed for the BBC’s The Beatles Today
- 1970: Recording: It Don’t Come Easy by Ringo Starr
- 1970: US single release: Let It Be
- 1969: Paul McCartney and George Harrison produce a Jackie Lomax session
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Radio: The Friday Spectacular
- 1962: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Liverpool Jazz Society, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.