This was The Beatles’ third and final show in Bedford, although only three of them took to the stage. John Lennon was bed-bound with a heavy cold, and so Paul McCartney and George Harrison re-arranged the group’s songs to share the vocal parts between them.
The Beatles’ setlist on this tour, in which they appeared on a bill with Tommy Roe and Chris Montez, was: Love Me Do, Misery, A Taste Of Honey, Do You Want To Know A Secret, Please Please Me and I Saw Her Standing There.
Also on this day...
- 1970: George and Pattie Harrison move into Friar Park
- 1969: George and Pattie Harrison’s home is raided by the Drugs Squad
- 1969: Paul McCartney marries Linda Eastman
- 1969: Mixing: The Long And Winding Road, Let It Be
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1962: Live: Kingsway Club, Southport
- 1961: Live: Cassanova Club, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.