The Beatles had three radio engagements on this day. The first was at the BBC’s Paris Studio on Regent Street, London, where they appeared on the Pop Inn programme.
The show was broadcast live from 1-1.45pm on the Light Programme. The Beatles chatted to the host to promote Please Please Me; the other guests appearing were Joan Regan, Jon Pertwee and Shane Fenton.
Also on this day...
- 1969: Get Back/Let It Be sessions: day 11
- 1968: Apple opens offices at 95 Wigmore Street, London
- 1966: George and Pattie Harrison hold a press conference
- 1964: Live: Olympia Theatre, Paris
- 1963: Radio: The Talent Spot
- 1963: Radio: Saturday Club
- 1962: Live: Kingsway Club, Southport
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.